Introduction to Cybersecurity Module 1: Introduction to Cybersecurity Quiz Answers.
1. Which of the following methods is used to check the integrity of data?
- Hashes or checksums
2. Which of the following statements describes cyberwarfare?
- Cyberwarfare is an attack carried out by a group of script kiddies
- Cyberwarfare is simulation software for Air Force pilots that allows them to practice under a simulated war scenario
- Cyberwarfare is a series of personal protective equipment developed for soldiers involved in nuclear war
- Cyberwarfare is an Internet-based conflict that involves the penetration of information systems of other nations
3. Which of the following methods can be used to ensure confidentiality of information? (Choose three correct answers)
- Version control
- Data encryption
- File permission settings
- Two-factor authentication
- Username ID and password
4. Which of the following pieces of information would be classified as personal data? (Select three correct answers)
- Social security number
- Driver license number
- Date and place of birth
- Job title
- IP address
5. Why might internal security threats cause greater damage to an organization than external security threats?
- Internal users have better hacking skills
- Internal users have direct access to the infrastructure devices
- Internal users can access the organizational data without authentication
- Internal users can access the infrastructure devices through the Internet
6. Which of the following is a key motivation of a white hat attacker?
- Taking advantage of any vulnerability for illegal personal gain
- Fine tuning network devices to improve their performance and efficiency
- Studying operating systems of various platforms to develop a new system
- Discovering weaknesses of networks and systems to improve the security level of these systems
7. An individual user profile on a social network site is an example of an ______ identity.
8. Cybersecurity is the ongoing effort to protect individuals, organizations and governments from digital attacks by protecting networked systems and data from unauthorized use or harm. What level of cyber protection does each of the following factors require?
- Your online identity – Personal
- A customer database – Organizational
- Economic stabilty – Government
9. Your neighbor tells you that they don’t have an online identity. They have no social media accounts and only use the Internet to browse. Is your neighbor right?
10. What are the foundational principles for protecting information systems as outlined in the McCumber Cube? (Choose three correct answers)
11. Can you identify why each of the following organizations might be interested in your online identity?
Internet service providers:
– They may be legally required to share your online information with government surveillance agencies or authorities
– To monitor your online activities and send targeted ads your way
Social media platforms:
– To gather information based on your online activity, which is then shared with or sold to advertisers for a profit
– To track your activities using cookies in order to provide a more personalized experience