Big Data & Analytics (Version 2) – IoT Fundamentals: Big Data and Analytics End of Course Assessment Final Exam Answers Full Questions
1. A patient who lives in Northern Canada has an MRI taken. The results of the medical procedure are immediately transmitted to a specialist in Toronto who will review the findings. Which three characteristics would best describe the patient data being transmitted? (Choose three.)
- in motion
- at rest
2. Which three key words are used to describe the difference between Big Data and data? (Choose three.)
3. What are three types of structured data? (Choose three.)
- e-commerce user accounts
- spreadsheet data
- white papers
- newspaper articles
- data in relational databases
4. What are two plain-text file types that are compatible with numerous applications and use a standard method of representing data records? (Choose two.)
5. Match the algorithm to the type of learning algorithm.
6. Which two tasks are part of the transforming data process? (Choose two.)
- creating visual representations of the data
- collecting data required to perform the analysis
- joining data from multiple sources
- using rules to modify the source data to the type of data needed for a target database
- presenting the knowledge gained from the data
7. Match the type of chart with the best use.
8. What two benefits are gained when an organization adopts cloud computing and virtualization? (Choose two.)
- elimination of vulnerabilities to cyber attacks
- provides a “pay-as-you-go” model, allowing organizations to treat computing and storage expenses as a utility
- enables rapid responses to increasing data volume requirements
- distributed processing of large data sets in the size of terabytes
- increases the dependance on onsite IT resources
9. Match the type of error to the corresponding source of the error.
10. What are two features supported by NoSQL databases? (Choose two.)
- establishing relationships within stored data
- relying on the relational database approach of linked tables
- importing unstructured data
- organizing data in columns, tables, and rows
- using the key-value storing approach
11. Match the terms to the definition. (Not all options are used.)
12. What are two advantages of using CFS over HDFS? (Choose two.)
- low-cost storage solution
- specialized hardware
- ability to run a single database across multiple data centers
- automatic failover of nodes, clusters, and data centers
- master-slave architecture
13. Match each term to the correct definition. (Not all options are used.)
14. With the number of sensors and other end devices growing exponentially, which type of device is increasingly used to better manage Internet traffic for systems that are in motion?
- proxy servers
- cellular towers
- mobile routers
- Wi-Fi access points
15. Match the statistical term with the description.
16. Which type of information supports managerial analysis in determining whether the company should expand its manufacturing facility?
17. What networking technology is used when a company with multiple locations requires data and analysis available close to their network edge?
- fog computing
18. How is the Big Data infrastructure different from the traditional data infrastructure?
- Big Data platforms distribuite data on several computing and storage nodes.
- Security is integrated in all components associated with Big Data.
- Big Data involves fewer people within the organization that can access the data.
- The Big Data infrastructure requires proprietary products and protocols to implement.
19. What is an example of a relational database?
- Excel spreadsheet
- Visual Network Index
- SQL server
20. Match the variable with the description.
21. What is a purpose of descriptive statistics?
- to compare groups of data sets
- to make predictions about other values
- to summarize findings within a data set
- to make generalizations about a population
22. Five hundred people are working in an office. For a study, which term describes a group of 50 people that have been chosen to represent the entire office?
23. Which functionality does pandas provide to a Python environment?
- a set of APIs to allow sensors to send data to a Raspberry Pi
- an enhanced chip for processing graphical information
- a set of data structures and tools for data analysis
- an algorithm to generate random numbers
24. A data analyst performs a correlation analysis between two quantities. The result of the analysis is an r value of 0.9. What does this mean?
- The two variables have almost the same values.
- One variable keeps its value at 90% of the other variable.
- When one variable increases its value, the other variable decreases its value.
- When one variable increases its value, the other variable increases its value in a very similar fashion.
25. A data analyst is processing a data set with pandas and notices a NaT. Which data type is expected for the missing data?
26. Which type of learning algorithm can predict the value of a variable of a loan interest rate based on the value of other variables?
27. In a regression analysis, which variable is known as the predictor or explanatory variable?
28. When you perform an experiment and follow the scientific method, what is the first step that you should take?
- Analyze gathered data.
- Ask questions about an observation.
- Form a hypothesis.
- Perform research.
29. Which type of validity is being used when a researcher compares the original conclusion against other people in other places at other times?
30. Refer to the exhibit. What type of data exists outside of the decision boundary?
31. What is a matplotlib module that includes a collection of style functions?
33. Which services are provided by a private cloud?
- online services to trusted vendors
- multiple internal IT services in an enterprise
- secure communications between sensors and actuators
- encrypted data storage in cloud computing
34. Match the task and purpose to the appropriate Big Data analytics method. (Not all options are used.)
35. Which service is an example of an extension to the cloud computing services defined by the National Institute of Standards and Technology?
36. What is the main function of a hypervisor?
- It is used to create and manage multiple VM instances on a host machine.
- It is a device that filters and checks security credentials.
- It is software used to coordinate and prepare data for analysis.
- It is a device that synchronizes a group of sensors.
- It is used by ISPs to monitor cloud computing resources.
37. Which solution improves the availability of big data applications by keeping frequently requested data in memory for fast access?
- load balancing
- distributed databases
38. What is the first component in the big data pipeline?
- data processing
- data storage
- data transportation
- data ingestion
39. Match the description to the correct type of data security. (Not all options are used.)
40. How are file changes handled by Cassandra?
- A new file is created and the old deleted.
- Both versions are maintained.
- Changes are prepended.
- Changes are appended.