1. Which statement is an accurate description of discrete variables?
- Discrete variables are qualitative and consist of two or more categories in which order matters.
- They are quantitative with a continuous range of values.
- They are quantitative with a finite set of values.
- They are qualitative and consist of two or more categories of values in which order does not matter.
2. Which term is used to describe the difference between the highest and the lowest values for a variable?
- standard deviation
3. What are two data structures in pandas? (Choose two.)
4. In a graphical reppresentation of the distribution for a discrete variable, what does the X and Y axis reppresent? (Choose two.)
- standard deviation
5. Which term is used to describe the right and left ends of a distribution graph?
6. Which file type is most similar to a dataframe in pandas?
- a PDF file
- a spreadsheet
- a word processing file
- a multilayer image file
7. A data analyst studies two variables over a period. Data set A is (100, 90, 81, 73) and data set B is (3500, 3150, 2835, 2552). The Pearson r value between these two variables is 0.99. Which statement describes the correlation between them?
- It indicates no relationship.
- It is a weak negative correlation.
- It is a strong positive correlation.
- It is a strong negative correlation.
8. Match the variable with the description.
9. What is a measurement of central tendency that is also known as the average?
- Person r
10. What category of variables includes nominal or ordinal variables?
11. What relationship is an example of causation?
- a relationship between sensors and actuators in IoT
- a relationship in which two things change at a similar rate
- a relationship between a computer operating system and one or more programming languages
- a relationship when a change in one thing directly results in something else changing
12. What is a purpose of using the head Linux command?
- to determine the size of the file
- to display the permissions on the file
- to verify that the file is available and preview the first few lines
- to determine whether the file contains enough code to be executable
13. Match the variable with the type of value.
14. What term describes the key characteristics that are observed or measured as part of an experiment or analysis?
- data set
15. Which term is used to describe a graph of distribution where the peak is left of center or right of center?
16. A data analyst performs a correlation analysis between two quantities. The result of the analysis is an r value of 0. What does this mean?
- The analysis failed.
- The two variables have no relationship.
- Neither variables changed during the period.
- When one variable increases its value, the other variable reduces its value.