Implementing Network Security (Version 2.0) – CCNA Security 2.0 Pretest Exam Answers
1. Which statement describes the Cisco ASAv product?
- It is a Cisco ASA feature added on a Cisco router.
- It is a cloud-based Cisco ASA firewall product.
- It is a Cisco FirePOWER service that can be added on a Cisco router.
- It is a virtual machine version of Cisco ASA product.
2. What two features must match between ASA devices to implement a failover configuration? (Choose two.)
- device model
- software configuration
- source IP address
- amount of RAM
- next-hop destination
3. What protocol is used to query the revocation status of an X.509 certificate?
4. Which Cisco platform supports Cisco Snort IPS?
- 800 series ISR
- 3900 series ISR
- 4000 series ISR
- 2900 series ISR
5. Which IDS/IPS signature alarm will look for packets that are destined to or from a particular port?
- honey pot-based
6. Refer to the exhibit. The exhibit shows a small switched network and the contents of the MAC address table of the switch. PC1 has sent a frame addressed to PC3. What will the switch do with the frame?
- The switch will discard the frame.
- The switch will forward the frame only to port 2.
- The switch will forward the frame to all ports except port 4.
- The switch will forward the frame to all ports.
- The switch will forward the frame only to ports 1 and 3.
7. What is a difference between ASA IPv4 ACLs and IOS IPv4 ACLs?
- ASA ACLs do not have an implicit deny any at the end, whereas IOS ACLs do.
- ASA ACLs are always named, whereas IOS ACLs are always numbered.
- ASA ACLs use forward and drop ACEs, whereas IOS ACLs use permit and deny ACEs.
- ASA ACLs use the subnet mask in defining a network, whereas IOS ACLs use the wildcard mask.
- Multiple ASA ACLs can be applied on an interface in the ingress direction, whereas only one IOS ACL can be applied.
8. What type of algorithms require sender and receiver to exchange a secret key that is used to ensure the confidentiality of messages?
- hashing algorithms
- public key algorithms
- symmetric algorithms
- asymmetric algorithms
9. What is the one major difference between local AAA authentication and using the login local command when configuring device access authentication?
- Local AAA authentication allows more than one user account to be configured, but login local does not.
- The login local command uses local usernames and passwords stored on the router, but local AAA authentication does not.
- Local AAA authentication provides a way to configure backup methods of authentication, but login local does not.
- The login local command requires the administrator to manually configure the usernames and passwords, but local AAA authentication does not.
10. What is a result of securing the Cisco IOS image using the Cisco IOS Resilient Configuration feature?
- The Cisco IOS image file is not visible in the output of the show flash command.
- The Cisco IOS image is encrypted and then automatically backed up to a TFTP server.
- The Cisco IOS image is encrypted and then automatically backed up to the NVRAM.
- When the router boots up, the Cisco IOS image is loaded from a secured FTP location.
11. Which two wildcard masks are required in an extended access list entry that blocks the traffic from network 192.168.20.0/26 to network 172.16.32.0/28? (Choose two.)
12. Which two statements describe static routes? (Choose two.)
- They are created in interface configuration mode.
- They require manual reconfiguration to accommodate network changes.
- They automatically become the default gateway of the router.
- They are identified in the routing table with the prefix S.
- They are automatically updated whenever an interface is reconfigured or shutdown.
13. When is UDP preferred to TCP?
- when a client sends a segment to a server
- when all the data must be fully received before any part of it is considered useful
- when an application can tolerate some loss of data during transmission
- when segments must arrive in a very specific sequence to be processed successfully
14. Refer to the exhibit. An extended access list has been created to prevent human resource users from gaining access to the accounting server. All other network traffic is to be permitted. When following the ACL configuration guidelines, on which router, interface, and direction should the access list be applied?
- router R1, interface S0/1/0, outbound
- router R1, interface Gi0/0/0, inbound
- router R1, interface Gi0/0/0, outbound
- router R2, interface S0/1/1, inbound
- router R2, interface Gi0/0/1, inbound
- router R2, interface Gi0/0/1, outbound
15. Refer to the exhibit. What would be a valid network address for the new subnet on RTA?
16. Refer to the exhibit. What two pieces of information can be gathered from the generated message? (Choose two.) This message is a level five notification message.
- This message is a level five notification message.
- This message indicates that service timestamps have been globally enabled.
- This message indicates that enhanced security was configured on the vty ports.
- This message appeared because a major error occurred that requires immediate action.
- This message appeared because a minor error occurred that requires further investigation.
17. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator is configuring the port security feature on switch SWC. The administrator issued the command show port-security interface fa 0/2 to verify the configuration. What can be concluded from the output that is shown? (Choose three.)
- This port is currently up.
- The port is configured as a trunk link.
- There is no device currently connected to this port.
- Three security violations have been detected on this interface.
- The switch port mode for this interface is access mode.
- Security violations will cause this port to shut down immediately.
18. Which three statements describe limitations in using privilege levels for assigning command authorization? (Choose three.)
- There is no access control to specific interfaces on a router.
- The root user must be assigned to each privilege level that is defined.
- Commands set on a higher privilege level are not available for lower privilege users.
- Views are required to define the CLI commands that each user can access.
- Creating a user account that needs access to most but not all commands can be a tedious process.
- It is required that all 16 privilege levels be defined, whether they are used or not.
19. What are two protocols that are used by AAA to authenticate users against a central database of usernames and password? (Choose two.)
What is the main difference between the implementation of IDS and IPS devices?
- An IDS can negatively impact the packet flow, whereas an IPS can not.
- An IDS needs to be deployed together with a firewall device, whereas an IPS can replace a firewall.
- An IDS would allow malicious traffic to pass before it is addressed, whereas an IPS stops it immediately.
- An IDS uses signature-based technology to detect malicious packets, whereas an IPS uses profile-based technology.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring inter-VLAN routing on a network. For now, only one VLAN is being used, but more will be added soon. What is the missing parameter that is shown as the highlighted question mark in the graphic?
- It identifies the subinterface.
- It identifies the VLAN number.
- It identifies the native VLAN number.
- It identifies the type of encapsulation that is used.
- It identifies the number of hosts that are allowed on the interface.
A network technician has been asked to design a virtual private network between two branch routers. Which type of cryptographic key should be used in this scenario?
- asymmetric key
- digital signature
- hash key
- symmetric key
Which three actions can the Cisco IOS Firewall IPS feature be configured to take when an intrusion activity is detected? (Choose three.)
- reset TCP connection
- reset UDP connection
What Layer 2 attack is mitigated by disabling Dynamic Trunking Protocol?
- VLAN hopping
- DHCP spoofing
- ARP poisoning
- ARP spoofing
Match the network security testing technique with how it is used to test network security. (Not all options are used.)
- Penetration testing = used to determine the possible consequences of successful attacks on the network.
- Vulnerability scanning = used to find weaknesses and misconfigurations on network systems.
- Network scanning = used to discover available resources on the network.
Refer to the exhibit. R1 was configured with the static route command ip route 188.8.131.52 255.255.255.224 S0/0/0 and consequently users on network 172.16.0.0/16 are unable to reach resources on the Internet. How should this static route be changed to allow user traffic from the LAN to reach the Internet?
- Add the next-hop neighbor address of 184.108.40.206.
- Change the exit interface to S0/0/1.
- Change the destination network and mask to 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0.
- Add an administrative distance of 254.
A small company has a web server in the office that is accessible from the Internet. The IP address 192.168.10.15 is assigned to the web server. The network administrator is configuring the router so that external clients can access the web server over the Internet. Which item is required in the NAT configuration?
- an IPv4 address pool
- an ACL to identify the local IPv4 address of the web server
- the keyword overload for the ip nat inside source command
- the ip nat inside source command to link the inside local and inside global addresses
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured R1 as shown. When the administrator checks the status of the serial interface, the interface is shown as being administratively down. What additional command must be entered on the serial interface of R1 to bring the interface up?
- IPv6 enable
- clockrate 128000
- no shutdown
Refer to the exhibit. What command would be used to configure a static route on R1 so that traffic from both LANs can reach the 2001:db8:1:4::/64 remote network?
- ipv6 route ::/0 serial0/0/0
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:1:4::/64 2001:db8:1:3::1
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:1:4::/64 2001:db8:1:3::2
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:1::/65 2001:db8:1:3::1
A network administrator needs to configure a standard ACL so that only the workstation of the administrator with the IP address 192.168.15.23 can access the virtual terminal of the main router. Which two configuration commands can achieve the task? (Choose two.)
- Router1(config)# access-list 10 permit host 192.168.15.23
- Router1(config)# access-list 10 permit 192.168.15.23 0.0.0.0
- Router1(config)# access-list 10 permit 192.168.15.23 0.0.0.255
- Router1(config)# access-list 10 permit 192.168.15.23 255.255.255.0
- Router1(config)# access-list 10 permit 192.168.15.23 255.255.255.255
How many classful networks are summarized by the static summary route ip route 192.168.32.0 255.255.248.0 S0/0/0?
Which two Layer 2 security best practices would help prevent VLAN hopping attacks? (Choose two.)
- Change the native VLAN number to one that is distinct from all user VLANs and is not VLAN 1.
- Change the management VLAN to a distinct VLAN that is not accessible by regular users.
- Statically configure all ports that connect to end-user host devices to be in trunk mode.
- Disable DTP autonegotiation on end-user ports.
- Use SSH for all remote management access.
A destination route in the routing table is indicated with a code D. Which kind of route entry is this?
- a static route
- a route used as the default gateway
- a network directly connected to a router interface
- a route dynamically learned through the EIGRP routing protocol
Refer to the exhibit. The administrator can ping the S0/0/1 interface of RouterB but is unable to gain Telnet access to the router by using the password cisco123. What is a possible cause of the problem?
More Questions: CCNA Security Pretest Exam Answers
- The wrong vty lines are configured.
- The administrator has used the wrong password.
- AAA authorization is not configured.
- The administrator does not have enough rights on the PC that is being used.
Refer to the exhibit. A host connected to Fa0/0 is unable to acquire an IP address from this DHCP server. The output of the debug ip dhcp server command shows “DHCPD: there is no address pool for 192.168.1.1”. What is the problem?
- The 192.168.1.1 address has not been excluded from the DHCP pool.
- The pool of addresses for the 192Network pool is incorrect.
- The default router for the 192Network pool is incorrect.
- The 192.168.1.1 address is already configured on Fa0/0.
Refer to the exhibit. Which sequence of commands will configure router A for OSPF?
- router ospf 0
- router ospf 0
- router ospf 1
network 192.168.10.64 0.0.0.63 area 0
network 192.168.10.192 0.0.0.3 area 0
- router ospf 1
network 192.168.10.64 255.255.255.192
network 192.168.10.192 255.255.255.252
- router ospf 1
network 192.168.10.0 area 0
Switch port Fa0/24 was previously configured as a trunk, but now it is to be used to connect a host to the network. How should the network administrator reconfigure switch port Fa0/24?
- Use the switchport mode access command from interface configuration mode.
- Enter the switchport nonegotiate command from interface configuration mode.
- Administratively shut down and re-enable the interface to return it to the default.
- Use the switchport access vlan vlan number command from interface configuration mode to remove the port from the trunk and add it to a specific VLAN.
Which device performs the function of determining the path that messages should take through internetworks?
- a router
- a firewall
- a web server
- a DSL modem
The ARP table in a switch maps which two types of address together?
- Layer 3 address to a Layer 2 address
- Layer 3 address to a Layer 4 address
- Layer 4 address to a Layer 2 address
- Layer 2 address to a Layer 4 address
When applied to a router, which command would help mitigate brute-force password attacks against the router?
- exec-timeout 30
- service password-encryption
- banner motd $Max failed logins = 5$
- login block-for 60 attempts 5 within 60
Which statement describes a characteristic of the traceroute utility?
- It sends four Echo Request messages.
- It utilizes the ICMP Source Quench messages.
- It is primarily used to test connectivity between two hosts.
- It identifies the routers in the path from a source host to a destination host.
Refer to the exhibit. What has to be done in order to complete the static NAT configuration on R1?
- R1 should be configured with the command ip nat inside source static 220.127.116.11 192.168.11.11.
- R1 should be configured with the command ip nat inside source static 18.104.22.168 192.168.11.11.
- Interface S0/0/0 should be configured with the command ip nat outside.
- Interface Fa0/0 should be configured with the command no ip nat inside.
Which statement accurately describes dynamic NAT?
- It always maps a private IP address to a public IP address.
- It provides an automated mapping of inside local to inside global IP addresses.
- It provides a mapping of internal host names to IP addresses.
- It dynamically provides IP addressing to internal hosts.
Which command would be best to use on an unused switch port if a company adheres to the best practices as recommended by Cisco?
- ip dhcp snooping
- switchport port-security mac-address sticky
- switchport port-security violation shutdown
- switchport port-security mac-address sticky mac-address