1. Which organization publishes and manages the Request for Comments (RFC) documents?
2. What identifier is used at the data link layer to uniquely identify an Ethernet device?
- UDP port number
- MAC address
- TCP port number
- IP address
- sequence number
3. Which three layers of the OSI model are comparable in function to the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
- data link
4. Which term refers to the set of rules that define how a network operates?
5. Which standards organization publishes current Ethernet standards?
6. Which statement describes a MAC address?
- It contains two portions, the network portion and the host portion.
- It identifies the source and destination addresses of hosts on the Internet.
- It is a physical address assigned to an Ethernet NIC by the manufacturer.
- It is 128-bits in length.
7. Which three elements do all communication methods have in common? (Choose three.)
- message data
- message destination
- message type
- message priority
- message source
- transmission medium
8. Which two layers of the OSI model specify protocols that are associated with Ethernet standards? (Choose two.)
- network layer
- physical layer
- transport layer
- session layer
- data link layer
9. Which layer of the OSI model defines services to segment and reassemble data for individual communications between end devices?
10. Which statement defines a data communications protocol?
- a set of product standards for types of network devices
- an exchange agreement of network devices among vendors
- a set of rules that govern the communication process
- an alliance of network device manufacturers