1. Which information is used by routers to forward a data packet toward its destination?
- destination data-link address
- source IP address
- destination IP address
- source data-link address
2. A router receives a packet from the Gigabit 0/0 interface and determines that the packet needs to be forwarded out the Gigabit 0/1 interface. What will the router do next?
- look into the routing table to determine if the destination network is in the routing table
- look into the ARP cache to determine the destination IP address
- create a new Layer 2 Ethernet frame to be sent to the destination
- route the packet out the Gigabit 0/1 interface
3. Refer to the exhibit. The IP address of which device interface should be used as the default gateway setting of host H1?
- R2: S0/0/0
- R1: G0/0
- R2: S0/0/1
- R1: S0/0/0
4. During the process of forwarding traffic, what will the router do immediately after matching the destination IP address to a network on a directly connected routing table entry?
- look up the next-hop address for the packet
- discard the traffic after consulting the route table
- switch the packet to the directly connected interface
- analyze the destination IP address
5. What will a router do if it cannot determine where to forward an incoming packet?
- The router will drop it.
- The router will forward it out all interfaces.
- The router will save it in the sending queue and try to forward it again later.
- The router will send an incident message to the network administrator.
6. In implementing a LAN in a corporation, what are three advantages of dividing hosts between multiple networks connected by a distribution layer? (Choose three.)
- It makes the hosts invisible to those on other local network segments.
- It provides increased security.
- It increases traffic bandwidth between segments through distribution layer devices.
- It splits up broadcast domains and decreases traffic.
- It reduces complexity and expense by using LAN switch devices.
- Only LAN switches are needed.
7. What type of route is indicated by the code C in an IPv4 routing table on a Cisco router?
- dynamic route that is learned through EIGRP
- default route
- static route
- directly connected route
8. Which portion of the network layer address does a router use to forward packets?
- host portion
- network portion
- gateway address
- broadcast address
9. What role does a router play on a network?
- connecting smaller networks into a single broadcast domain
- forwarding frames based on a MAC address
- selecting the path to destination networks
- forwarding Layer 2 broadcasts
10. A router receives an incoming packet and determines that the destination host is located on a LAN directly attached to one of the router interfaces. Which destination address will the router use to encapsulate the Ethernet frame when forwarding the packet?
- MAC address of the SVI on the switch
- MAC address of the default gateway of the LAN
- MAC address of the interface of the connected router
- MAC address of the destination host
11. Which address should be configured as the default gateway address of a client device?
- the Layer 2 address of the switch port that is connected to the workstation
- the IPv4 address of the router interface that is connected to the same LAN
- the Layer 2 address of the switch management interface
- the IPv4 address of the router interface that is connected to the internet