20.3.3 Packet Tracer – Use the ipconfig Command Answers
- Use the ipconfig command to identify incorrect configuration on a PC.
Background / Scenario
A small business owner cannot connect to the internet with one of the four PCs in the office. All the PCs are configured with static IP addressing using 192.168.1.0 /24 network. The PCs should be able to access www.cisco.pka webserver. Use the ipconfig /all command to identify which PC is incorrectly configured.
Part 1: Verify Configurations
1. Access the Command Prompt on each PC and type the command ipconfig /all at the prompt.
2. Examine the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway configuration for each PC. Be sure to record this IP configuration for each PC to help identify any PCs that are incorrectly configured.
Part 2: Correct Any Misconfigurations
1. Select the PC that is incorrectly configured.
2. Click the Desktop tab > IP Configuration tab to correct the misconfiguration.