1. Why is UDP well suited as the transport layer protocol for video applications?
- UDP has low overhead.
- UDP provides flow control using windows.
- UDP provides acknowledgment of received data.
- UDP provides a reliable session.
2. Which transport layer information is added to both the TCP and UDP headers?
- acknowledgment flag
- IP addresses
- window size
- port numbers
3. What type of applications are best suited for using UDP?
- applications that are sensitive to packet loss
- applications that need reliable delivery
- applications that are sensitive to delay
- applications that require retransmission of lost segments
4. What protocol header information is used at the transport layer to identify a target application?
- port number
- sequence number
- MAC address
- IP address
5. A client device has initiated a secure HTTP request to a web browser. Which well-known port address number is associated with the destination address?
6. Which number or set of numbers represents a socket?
7. Open the PT activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What is the application layer service being requested from Server0 by PC0?
8. What information is used by TCP to reassemble and reorder received segments?
- acknowledgment numbers
- port numbers
- fragment numbers
- sequence numbers
9. What type of port number is assigned by IANA to commonly used services and applications?
- private port
- registered port
- well-known port
- dynamic port
10. Which protocol operates at the transport layer of the TCP/IP model and ensures reliable delivery of IP packets?
11. What is a characteristic of UDP?
- It provides unreliable delivery of segments.
- It establishes sessions with a three-way handshake.
- It adds 20 bytes of overhead to application layer data.
- It uses sequence numbers to reassemble segments.
12. What is the well-known port address number used by DNS to serve requests?
13. Which action is performed by a client when establishing communication with a server via the use of UDP at the transport layer?
- The client sends a synchronization segment to begin the session.
- The client sets the window size for the session.
- The client sends an ISN to the server to start the 3-way handshake.
- The client randomly selects a source port number.