Module 4: Understanding and Using APIs Exam Answers
DevNet Associate (Version 1.0) – DevNet Associate Module 4 Exam Answers
1. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is using a Python script to test a REST API request. The traceback message indicates that there is an error in the URI. What is a possible issue?
- The protocol is wrong.
- The query component is missing.
- The destination host address is wrong.
- The SSL certificate is invalid.
2. Match the RESTful API method to CRUD function.
3. What is an architectural constraint to which a true RESTful API web service must adhere?
- It operates in a stateless way.
- It uses HTTPS to transport data.
- It must operate along with a DNS server.
- It operates as a cloud service.
4. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is using a Python script to send a REST API request. What is the purpose of the line of code resp = requests.get(url, verify = False) ?
- It bypasses the certificate validation check.
- It tests the function of the Python requests library
- It omits the sending URL in the response.
- It skips the URL verification step and tests the resource path.
5. A client is sending a REST API request to a web server. The request includes the need for data compression. Which three values are acceptable for the Accept-Encoding request header? (Choose three.)
6. What is the meaning of the term flow as it relates to the OAuth 2.0 authorization framework?
- It is the number of requests contained in the token bucket.
- It is a process for an API request to send authentication credentials to a web service.
- It is a process for an API user to obtain an access token from the authorization server.
- It is the sequence of data exchanged between a REST API request and a response.
7. What is a characteristic of a RESTful API?
- It uses HTTP methods to gather and manipulate data.
- It is a southbound API.
- It facilitates the configuration changes from a network controller to end devices.
- It supports a secure data transmission between a remote user and an enterprise network.
8. Which characteristic of the SOAP architecture specifies communication between all similar and dissimilar application types?
- interface uniformity
9. In the REST API request URI example http://example.com/update/person?id=42&email=person%40example.com , which term describes the component example.com ?
10. Which SOAP message root element defines the XML document as a SOAP message?
- Meta tag
11. Which type of credential information is used for the bearer authentication in REST APIs?
- a username and password set by the client
- a password encoded using Base64
- an MD5 hash string generated by the client application
- a string generated by an authentication server
12. What are two purposes for using rate limits on public and unrestricted APIs? (Choose two.)
- to avoid a server overloading from too many requests at the same time
- to limit the number of authorization requests per API call
- to provide better service and response time to all users
- to ensure a client uses a multifactor authentication mechanism
- to limit the number of passwords that a client can have in making API requests
13. Which HTTP response status code indicates that the user is not authenticated to access the site?
14. Which API architectural style uses an XML-based messaging protocol to communicate between applications?
15. A network engineer is learning about Rest APIs. When executing a particular API, the server responds with curl. How is this information
- Curl shows the retrieved information in JSON format.
- Curl shows how to access the content displayed in the response body using curl.
- Curl shows the information the API returned from the server.
- Curl shows the URL used in the API request.
16. In which situation would a synchronous API be used?
- when a server is not part of the process
- when the original API request or data from the request is delayed
- when data is being retrieved from a database
- when the client is not required to take action