DevNet Associate (Version 1.0) – DevNet Associate Module 5 Exam
1. What command can a technician use on a computer to see if DNS is functioning properly?
- net share
- net use
2. Which two OSI model layers have the same functionality as two layers of the TCP/IP model? (Choose two.)
- data link
3. What is one advantage of using the cut-through switching method instead of the store-and-forward switching method?
- provides the flexibility to support any of Ethernet speeds
- has a lower latency appropriate for high-performance computing applications
- makes a fast forwarding decision based on the source MAC address of the frame
- has a positive impact on bandwidth by dropping most of the invalid frames
4. Which solution improves web response time by deploying multiple web servers and DNS servers?
- distributed databases
- load balancing
5. What will a host on an Ethernet network do if it receives a frame with a unicast destination MAC address that does not match its own MAC address?
- It will remove the frame from the media.
- It will forward the frame to the next host.
- It will strip off the data-link frame to check the destination IP address.
- It will discard the frame.
6. What is the common term given to SNMP log messages that are generated by network devices and sent to the SNMP server?
7. What is the function of the Nslookup utility?
- to manually force a client to send a DHCP request
- to display all cached DNS entries on a host
- to view the network settings on a host
- to manually query the name servers to resolve a given host name
8. What type of address is 01-00-5E-0A-00-02?
- an address that reaches every host in the network
- an address that reaches every host inside a local subnet
- an address that reaches a specific group of hosts
- an address that reaches one specific host
9. Refer to the exhibit. The PC is sending a packet to the Server on the remote network. Router R1 is performing NAT overload. From the perspective of the PC, match the NAT address type with the correct IP address. (Not all options are used.)
10. Match the OSI layer to the layer number. (Not all options are used.)
11. A high school in New York (school A) is using videoconferencing technology to establish student interactions with another high school (school B) in Russia. The videoconferencing is conducted between two end devices through the Internet. The network administrator of school A configures the end device with the IP address 220.127.116.11. The administrator sends a request for the IP address for the end device in school B and the response is 192.168.25.10. Neither school is using a VPN. The administrator knows immediately that this IP will not work. Why?
- This is a link-local address.
- This is a private IP address.
- There is an IP address conflict.
- This is a loopback address.
12. Refer to the exhibit. An organization is using static NAT to translate the private IP address of Host A to a single public IP address leased from the ISP. Which address is the inside global address of Host A?
- 192.168.1. 10
13. Consider the following routing table entry for R1:
D 10.1.1.0/24 [90/2170112] via 18.104.22.168, 00:00:05, Serial0/0/0
What is the significance of the Serial0/0/0?
- It is the interface on the final destination router that is directly connected to the 10.1.1.0/24 network.
- It is the R1 interface through which the EIGRP update was learned.
- It is the interface on the next-hop router when the destination IP address the 10.1.1.0/24 network.
- It is the interface on R1 used to send data that is destined for 10.1.1.0/24.
14. A device has an IPV6 address listed as 2001:0DB8:75a3:0214:0607:1234:aa10:ba01. What is the interface ID of the device?
- 0607:1234:aa10 ba01
15. In what two situations would UDP be the preferred transport protocol over TCP? (Choose two.)
- when applications need to guarantee that a packet arrives intact, in sequence, and unduplicated
- when a faster delivery mechanism is needed
- when delivery overhead is not an issue
- when applications do not need to guarantee delivery of the data
- when destination port numbers are dynamic
16. Refer to the exhibit. A computer that is configured with the IPv4 address as shown in the exhibit is unable to access the internet What is the problem?
- The gateway address is in the wrong subnet.
- The IP address is a network address.
- The settings were not validated.
- The IP address is a broadcast address.
17. Match the Layer 2 frame field names to the correctly ordered locations for an Ethernet frame. Fields should be ordered from the beginning of the Ethernet frame to the end.
18. What IPv4-related DNS record type is used by a DNS server in response to a host requesting for a web server address via the URL?
- AAAA record
- NS record
- A record
- MX record