Introduction to the Internet of Things ( Version 2) – Introduction to IoT: Final Exam Answers
Introduction to the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation Final Exam Answers
1. What are two characteristics of the Python programming language? (Choose two.)
- It only runs in the interactive mode.
- It uses the & symbol to indicate that the interactive mode is ready to accept commands.
- The code is easy to read.
- It requires a compiler to be installed.
- It runs without conversion to machine-language.
2. What is the core component of Intent-Based Networking?
- artificial intelligence
- fog computing
- the internet
- the cloud
3. Which statement describes global variables in programming languages?
- They can be used within any function of a program.
- They are declared within a function.
- They cannot be used within any functions in a program.
- They can only be used within the function they are declared.
4. What is the largest network in existence?
- a PAN
- a WAN
- the fog
- the internet
5. How is data that has been collected through sources such as web pages, audio, or tweets categorized?
- unstructured data
- raw data
- application data
- structured data
6. A company requires using a secure encrypted internet connection when connecting to the corporate network from outside the company. Which technology should be used when employees travel and use a laptop?
- Wi-Fi hotspot
7. Which technology has the intelligence that is demonstrated by machines in a way that mimics human cognitive functions?
8. What is an open-source physical computing platform that can take input from a variety of switches or sensors to control physical objects?
- Raspberry Pi
9. Match the term with the definition. (Not all options are used.)
10. What limits the types of different objects that can become intelligent sensors on the Internet of Things?
- availability of power for consumption
- our imagination
- the size of the internet
- the government
11. Which type of network is the connection between a Bluetooth headset and a vehicle?
12. True or False?
Comma-separated values (CSV), JSON, and XML are all tools that can be used to manipulate structured data.
13. What is a key feature of the assurance element of the intent-based networking model?
- provisioning of intent-based policies
- end-to-end verification of network-wide behavior
- application of business intent to network configuration
- verification of configuration before devices are deployed
14. Which character is used within a search engine to gather data efficiently by placing the character before and after the name of a particular person?
- semicolon (;)
- quotation mark (“)
- question mark (?)
- colon (:)
15. What is used to provide IoT sensors with access to the network?
- fog computing
- an actuator
- a laptop
- a microcontroller
16. Which security best practice involves defining company rules, job duties, and expectations?
- maintaining patches and updates
- developing a security policy
- implementing physical security
- performing risk assessments
17. What are three attributes of data that would indicate that it may be big data? (Choose three.)
18. Which two data types would be classified as personally identifiable information (PII)? (Choose two.)
- Facebook photographs
- hospital emergency use per region
- average number of cattle per region
- vehicle identification number
- house thermostat reading
19. Which two types of institutions do malicious web pages often look like? (Choose two.)
20. What is the purpose of data analytics?
- to ensure data security
- to compress data
- to gain new insights from data
- to optimize data storage
21. Change will have to occur in the corporate network in order to prepare for the Internet of Things. Which type of testing would a company do to demonstrate the benefits of networking a new “thing” that was not on the network before?
22. Which type of network consists of wired computers in a college classroom?
23. Mined data can be visualized through the use of charts. Select two criteria that can be used to determine the best chart selection. (Choose two.)
- file size
- number of variables to be shown
- size of the chart
- items requiring comparison
- data format
24. Which technology is a subset of AI that uses statistical techniques to enable computers to “learn” from collected data?
25. Which two skills help with IoT prototyping? (Choose two.)
- Windows operating systems
- database administration
26. Which technology is used as a visual programming tool to create a program by connecting colored blocks?
27. What are the two areas of physical security within a data center?
28. What is the purpose of Packet Tracer?
- to provide products and services to internet customers
- to use electromagnetic waves to carry signals over a specific geographic area
- to enable the sharing of resources such as printers, documents, pictures, and music between a few local computers
- to simulate and visualize one or more networks
29. What are three benefits of cloud computing? (Choose three.)
- It enables access to organizational data anywhere and at any time.
- It streamlines the IT operations of an organization by subscribing only to needed services.
- It uses open-source software for distributed processing of large datasets.
- It eliminates or reduces the need for onsite IT equipment, maintenance, and management.
- It utilizes end-user clients to do a substantial amount of data preprocessing and storage.
- It turns raw data into meaningful information by discovering patterns and relationships.
30. What are two requirements to connect a smart device to a home wireless network? (Choose two.)
- IP addressing
- home gateway name
31. What are two features of automation? (Choose two.)
- a process that always uses sensors
- a process that always uses robots
- a process that is self-driven
- a process that results in 12 hour shifts
- a process that eventually eliminates the need for human intervention
32. Match the logic structure to the function.
33. What are two things that all digital devices need in order to work? (Choose two.)
- computer program
- global positioning satellite
- artificial intelligence
34. True or False?
With artificial intelligence, smart devices can modify processes and settings on the fly in response to changes on the network.
35. What device provides auto discovery services for smart devices that are connected to the network?
- home gateway
36. What are the two areas of physical security within a data center? (Choose two.)