Assessment EWAN Practice Final – CCNA 4 Exploration: Accessing the WAN (Version 4.0)
1. What are two characteristics of DSL technology? (Choose two.)
- Uploads typically offer larger transfer rates than downloads.
- Service providers deploy DSL in the local loop of the telephone network.
- DSL download rates are reduced by large volumes of POTS voice traffic.
- Filters and splitters allow POTS and DSL traffic to share the same medium.
- DSL is a shared medium that allows many users to share bandwidth available from the DSLAM.
2. Refer to the exhibit. What is the effect of the extended ACL when applied inbound on the S0/0/0 interface on R2?
- All IP traffic will be permitted during the specified days and time range.
- Both IP and Telnet traffic will be permitted during the specified days and time range.
- Only Telnet traffic destined for 172.16.10.0/24 will be permitted during the specified days and time range.
- Telnet traffic will be permitted only during the specified days and time range. All other network traffic will be permitted any time.
3. Refer to the exhibit. Branch A has a Cisco router. Branch B has a non-Cisco router set for IETF encapsulation. After the commands that are shown are entered, R2 and R3 fail to establish the PVC. The R2 LMI is Cisco, and the R3 LMI is ANSI. The LMI is successfully established at both locations. Why is the PVC failing?
- The PVC to R3 must be point-to-point.
- LMI types must match on each end of a PVC.
- The ietf parameter is missing from the frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.3 203 command.
- The PVCs at R2 use different encapsulation types. A single port can only support one encapsulation type.
4. At what physical location does the responsibility for a WAN connection change from the service provider to the user?
- local loop
- demarcation point
5. Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the exhibited output of the debug ip nat command?
- The 10.1.1.225 host is exchanging packets with the 192.168.0.10 host.
- The native 10.1.200.254 address is being translated to 192.168.0.10.
- The 192.168.0.0/24 network is the inside network.
- Port address translation is in effect.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements correctly describe how Router1 processes an FTP request that enters interface S0/0/0 and is destined for an FTP server at IP address 192.168.1.5? (Choose two.)
- The packet does not match an access list condition.
- The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that is created from the access-list 201 permit ip any any command.
- The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that is created from the access-list 101 permit ip any 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 command.
- The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that is created from the access-list 201 deny icmp 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any command.
- The packet is allowed into Router1.
7. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about the WAN switch device?
- It uses a multiport internetworking device to switch traffic such as Frame Relay, ATM or X.25 over the WAN.
- It provides internetworking and WAN access interface ports that are used to connect to the service provider network.
- It provides termination for the digital signal and ensures connection integrity through error correction and line monitoring.
- It converts the digital signals produced by a computer into voice frequencies that can be transmitted over the analog lines of the public telephone network.
8. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about the status of the Frame Relay connection?
- The Frame Relay connection is in the process of negotiation.
- Only packets with control bit DE set are sent over the PVC. No data traffic traverses the link.
- Packets marked as FECN and BECN indicate that a congestion control mechanism is enabled on the Frame Relay PVC.
- The “DLCI USAGE = LOCAL” status indicates that the PVC link is not established between the interface S0/0/0.1 and the Frame Relay switch.
9. An administrator is configuring a dual stack router with IPv6 and IPv4 using RIPng. The administrator receives an error message when trying to enter the IPv4 routes into RIPng. What is the cause of the problem?
- RIPng is incompatible with dual-stack technology.
- All interfaces have been configured with the incorrect IPv4 addresses.
- RIPv1 or RIPv2 needs to be configured in addition to RIPng to successfully use IPv4.
- When IPv4 and IPv6 are configured on the same interface, all IPv4 addresses are shut down in favor of the newer technology.
10. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is using two routers to test a WAN connection . What can be concluded based on the output of the show running-config commands?
- The WAN link is using PPP encapsulation.
- The WAN link speed is faster than a T1 line.
- The router R2 serves as the DCE for the WAN link.
- The WAN link is configured with the Cisco default encapsulation protocol.
11. Which statement is true about wildcard masks?
- Inverting the subnet mask will always create the wildcard mask.
- A wildcard mask identifies a network or subnet bit by using a “1”.
- The same function is performed by both a wildcard mask and a subnet mask.
- When a “0” is encountered in a wildcard mask, the IP address bit must be checked.
12. Refer to the exhibit. A technician issues the show interface s0/0/0 command on R1 while troubleshooting a network problem. What two conclusions can be determined by from the output shown? (Choose two.)
- The bandwidth has been set to the value of a T1 line.
- This interface should be configured for PPP encapsulation.
- There is no failure indicated in an OSI Layer 1 or Layer 2.
- The physical connection between the two routers has failed.
- The IP address of S0/0/0 is invalid, given the subnet mask being used.
13. Which combination of Layer 2 protocol and authentication should be used to establish a link between a Cisco and a non-Cisco router without sending authentication information in plain text?
- HDLC with PAP
- HDLC with CHAP
- PPP with PAP
- PPP with CHAP
14. An administrator learns of an e-mail that has been received by a number of users in the company. This e-mail appears to come from the office of the administrator. The e-mail asks the users to confirm their account and password information. Which type of security threat does this e-mail represent?
15. What effect would the Router1(config-ext-nacl)# permit tcp 172.16.4.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www command have when implemented inbound on the f0/0 interface?
- All TCP traffic is permitted, and all other traffic is denied.
- The command is rejected by the router because it is incomplete.
- All traffic from 172.16.4.0/24 is permitted anywhere on any port.
- Traffic originating from 172.16.4.0/24 is permitted to all TCP port 80 destinations.
16. What is a common use of a TFTP server?
- to allow access to restricted system resources
- to detect attacks against a network and send logs to a management console
- to provide active defense mechanisms that prevent attacks against the network
- to perform IOS image and configuration uploads and downloads over the network
17. An administrator is unable to receive e-mail. While troubleshooting the problem, the administrator is able to ping the local mail server IP address successfully from a remote network and can successfully resolve the mail server name to an IP address via the use of the nslookup command. At what layer of the OSI model is the problem most likely to be found?
- data link
18. Refer to the exhibit. PC1, PC2, and PC3 are configured with dynamic address assignments. PC2 is assigned an IP address from the DHCP server. What would account for the IP addresses that are currently assigned to PC1 and PC3?
- Switch S2 port Fa0/12 is configured for full-duplex.
- These addresses were included in the DHCP server pools.
- Router R1 has a misconfigured IP address on interface Fa1/0.
- R1 interface Fa0/0 is not in the same network as the DHCP server.
- R1 interfaces Fa0/0 and Fa1/0 do not include the ip helper-address command.
19. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 are both configured for single area OSPF. Users who are connected to switch S1 are unable to access database applications that run on servers that are connected to S2. The network engineer is working remotely and only has the information that is shown in the exhibit to direct initial troubleshooting efforts. Based on the exhibit, which OSI layer is the most appropriate to start with for a divide-and-conquer approach?
- network layer
- application layer
- data-link layer
- physical layer
20. A network administrator added two switches and a new VLAN over the past weekend. How can the administrator determine if the additions and changes improved performance and availability on the company intranet?
- Perform a baseline test and compare the current values to values that were obtained in previous weeks.
- Interview departmental secretaries and determine if they think load time for web pages is improved.
- Compare the hit counts on the company web server for the current week to the values that were recorded from previous weeks.
- Performance on the intranet can be determined by monitoring load times of company web pages from remote sites.
21. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator configures a standard access control list on Router1 to prohibit traffic from the 192.168.0.0/24 network from reaching the Internet. The access control list also permits traffic from the 192.168.0.0/24 network to reach the 192.168.1.0/24 network. On which interface and in which direction should the access control list be applied?
- interface Fa0/0, inbound
- interface Fa0/0, outbound
- interface S0/0/0, inbound
- interface S0/0/0, outbound
22. Which IEEE 802.16 broadband wireless technology allows users to connect to the ISP at speeds comparable to DSL and cable?
- Metro Ethernet
23. Refer to the exhibit. Router1 and Router2 each support separate areas of a data center, and are connected via a crossover cable. Resources attached to Router1 are unable to connect to resources attached to Router2. What is the likely cause?
- The crossover cable is faulty.
- The IP addressing is incorrect.
- There is a Layer 2 problem with the router connection.
- The upper layers are experiencing an unspecified problem.
- One or both of the Ethernet interfaces are not working correctly.
24. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is trying to backup the IOS software on R1 to the TFTP server. He receives the error message that is shown in the exhibit, and cannot ping the TFTP server from R1. What action can help to isolate this problem?
- Check that R1 has a route to the 10.10.10.0 network.
- Verify that the TFTP server software supports binary file transfers.
- Make sure that the TFTP server has 192.168.1.1 as its default gateway.
- Ensure that the laptop has an IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 network.
25. A technician is talking to a colleague at a rival company and comparing DSL transfer rates between the two companies. Both companies are in the same city, use the same service provider, and have the same rate/service plan. What is the explanation for why Company A reports higher download speeds than Company B?
- Company B has a higher volume of POTS voice traffic than Company A.
- Company B shares the conection to the DSLAM with more clients than Company A.
- Company A only uses microfilters on branch locations.
- Company A is closer to the service provider.
26. A network administrator is instructing a technician on best practices for applying ACLs. Which suggestion should the administrator provide?
- Named ACLs are less efficient than numbered ACLs.
- Standard ACLs should be applied closest to the core layer.
- ACLs applied to outbound interfaces are the most efficient.
- Extended ACLs should be applied closest to the source that is specified by the ACL.
27. Refer to the exhibit. How many addresses could be assigned to clients by DHCP_Router?
28. Refer to the exhibit. R1 is performing NAT overload for the 10.1.1.0/24 inside network. Host A has sent a packet to the web server. What is the source IP address of the return packet from the web server when received at the NIC on host A?
29. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is creating a prototype to verify the new WAN design. However, the communication between the two routers cannot be established. Based on the output of the commands, what can be done to solve the problem?
- Replace the serial cable.
- Replace the WIC on RA.
- Configure RA with a clock rate command.
- Issue a no shutdown interface command on RB.
30. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 have been configured with EIGRP in the same autonomous system. Computers PC1 and PC2 are not able to ping each other. Further investigation has revealed that the route to 192.168.10.0 is missing from the routing table on R2. What is the cause of the problem?
- The networks are not correctly summarized.
- The FastEthernet interfaces on R1 are configured as passive.
- The network statements on R2 are incorrectly configured.
- EIGRP on R1 does not recognize the 192.168.10.0 network.
31. During the initial configuration of a router, the administrator enters the command no service config. How will the router behave as a result of this command?
- All services will be disabled.
- The default configuration will be restored on reboot.
- Automatic configuration from the network will be prevented.
- Services that are configured on the router will not be allowed to originate traffic.
32. A company is looking for a WAN solution to connect its headquarters site with four remote sites. What advantage would dedicated leased lines provide to the customer compared to a shared Frame Relay solution?
- lower cost
- lower latency and jitter
- variable bandwidth capacity
- fewer physical router interfaces
33. Refer to the exhibit. From the output of the show interface commands, at which OSI layer is a fault indicated?
- data link
34. Refer to the exhibit. PAT has been implemented on router R2. PC1 and PC2 are unsuccessful when attempting to connect to Internet resources. What is a possible cause?
- No NAT pool is configured.
- The “inside” and “outside” interfaces are switched.
- The access control list is configured with an incorrect access list number.
- The access control list is missing a statement for the 10.94.6.0 network.
- The ip nat inside source list 1 interface command is pointing to the wrong serial interface.
35. Refer to the exhibit. An ACL called Managers already exists on this router. What happens if the network administrator issues the commands as shown in the exhibit?
- The new ACL overwrites the existing ACL.
- The network administrator will receive an error message.
- The existing ACL is modified to include the new command.
- A second Managers ACL is created that contains only the new command.
36. What functionality do access control lists provide when implementing dynamic NAT on a Cisco router?
- defines which addresses can be translated
- defines which addresses are assigned to a NAT pool
- defines which addresses are allowed out of the router
- defines which addresses can be accessed from the inside network
37. Refer to the exhibit. What is placed in the address field in the header of a frame that will travel from the DC office of ABC Company to the Orlando office?
- MAC address of the Orlando router
- MAC address of the DC router
- DLCI 100
- DLCI 200
38. Refer to the exhibit. This serial interface is not functioning correctly. Based on the output shown, what is the most likely cause?
- improper LMI type
- interface reset
- PPP negotiation failure
- unplugged cable
39. What three statements describe the roles of devices in a WAN? (Choose three.)
- A CSU/DSU terminates a digital local loop.
- A modem terminates a digital local loop.
- A CSU/DSU terminates an analog local loop.
- A modem terminates an analog local loop.
- A router is commonly considered a DTE device.
- A router is commonly considered a DCE device.
40. When configuring remote access to a router, what is the significance of the no password command on a VTY line?
- Logins are prevented on that line.
- No password is required to log in to that line.
- The remote user is not allowed to change the password for that line.
- The remote user is prompted to change the line password after connecting to the router.
41. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator has added the exhibited commands to routers A and B, but no routing updates are exchanged between the two routers. Based on the information that is given, what is the likely cause of the problem?
- Router A is advertising the wrong network.
- The authentication key strings do not match.
- The serial interfaces of routers A and B are not on the same network.
- The authentication key numbers do not match the EIGRP process number for both routers.
42. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts in network A all have static addresses that are assigned in the 192.168.2.0./24 network. The hosts in network B are DHCP clients in the 192.168.1.0/24 network. After router R1 has been configured with the statements as shown in the exhibit, the DHCP clients are reporting that they cannot access any network resources. The hosts with static addresses cannot access any resources outside network A. What is the problem?
- The DHCP scope has the wrong address pool.
- The interfaces on R1 are incorrectly addressed.
- The assignable DCHP addresses are all excluded.
- The DCHP clients are receiving the wrong default router address.
43. Refer to the exhibit. Why are the routers unable to establish a PPP session?
- The usernames are misconfigured.
- The IP addresses are on different subnets.
- The clock rate is configured on the wrong end of the link.
- The CHAP passwords must be different on the two routers.
- Interface serial 0/0/0 on Router1 must connect to interface serial 0/0/1 on Router2.
44. A company uses a PVC with a committed information rate (CIR) of 128 kb/s and a committed burst information rate (CBIR) of 64 kb/s. The link is used to periodically send updates at a rate of 144 kb/s. What will happen to the update traffic?
- The traffic will be sent, but the company will be charged a penalty.
- The traffic will be sent using the additional CBIR and will be guaranteed delivery.
- The traffic will be dropped at the CO for exceeding the committed information rate.
- The traffic will be sent, but the burst traffic will be marked for discard if congestion is encountered.
45. Which statement is true about NCP?
- Link termination is the responsibility of NCP.
- Each network protocol has a corresponding NCP.
- NCP establishes the initial link between PPP devices.
- NCP tests the link to ensure that the link quality is sufficient.
46. Which three items are LCP options that can be configured for PPP? (Choose three.)
47. When configuring a Frame Relay connection, what is the purpose of Inverse ARP?
- to assign a DLCI to a remote peer
- to disable peer requests from determining local Layer 3 addresses
- to negotiate LMI encapsulations between local and remote Frame Relay peers
- to create a mapping of DLCI to Layer 3 addresses that belong to remote peers
48. Refer to the exhibit. What is another way to represent this IPv6 address?
49. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about the configuration of R1?
- The remote session is encrypted.
- A password is sent in plain text.
- A connection that is using secure HTTP is enabled.
- A local username database is used for authentication.
50. Refer to the exhibit. To reach R2, and for configuring Frame Relay on the point-to-point interfaces shown in the graphic, which DLCI should be used in the frame-relay interface-dlci command that is issued on R1?