Cybersecurity Essentials 1.1 Chapter 4 Quiz Answers Full Questions
Chapter 4: The Art of Protecting Secrets
1.Which asymmetric algorithm provides an electronic key exchange method to share the secret key?
2.What encryption algorithm uses one key to encrypt data and a different key to decrypt data?
- one-time pad
3. What type of cipher encrypts plaintext one byte or one bit at a time?
4. What cryptographic algorithm is used by the NSA and includes the use of elliptical curves for digital signature generation and key exchange?
5.What is the term used to describe the science of making and breaking secret codes?
6.Which three processes are examples of logical access controls? (Choose three.)
- intrusion detection system (IDS) to watch for suspicious network activity
- firewalls to monitor traffic
- guards to monitor security screens
- fences to protect the perimeter of a building
- swipe cards to allow access to a restricted area
- biometrics to validate physical characteristics
7.What term is used to describe concealing data in another file such as a graphic, audio, or other text file?
8.What are three examples of administrative access controls? (Choose three.)
- policies and procedures
- background checks
- hiring practices
- intrusion detection system (IDS)
- guard dogs
9.Which three protocols use asymmetric key algorithms? (Choose three.)
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
10.A warning banner that lists the negative outcomes of breaking company policy is displayed each time a computer user logs in to the machine. What type of access control is implemented?
11. Which term describes the technology that protects software from unauthorized access or modification?
- access control
12. What encryption algorithm uses the same pre-shared key to encrypt and decrypt data?
- one-time pad
13.Which two terms are used to describe cipher keys? (Choose two.)
- key space
- key randomness
- key length
14.Match the type of multifactor authentication with the description.
15. What is the name of the method in which letters are rearranged to create the ciphertext?
- one-time pad
16. Which 128-bit block cipher encryption algorithm does the US government use to protect classified information?
17.Match the description with the correct term. (Not all targets are used.)
- steganography —> hiding data within an audio file
- steganalysis —> discovering that hidden information exists within a graphic file
- social steganography —> creating a message that says one thing but means something else to a specific audience
- obfuscation —> making a message confusing so it is harder to understand
- Other Incorrect Match Options:
- replacing sensitive information in a file with nonsensitive information
18. What term is used to describe the technology that replaces sensitive information with a nonsensitive version?
19. Which type of cipher is able to encrypt a fixed-length block of plaintext into a 128-bit block of ciphertext at any one time?
20. Which three devices represent examples of physical access controls? (Choose three.)
- swipe cards
- video cameras