Cybersecurity Essentials Module 3 Quiz Answers
Module 3: System and Network Defense Quiz Question Answers
1. You are setting up a wireless network. What technology should you set up on the network to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks?
- Mutual authentication
- Biometric authentication
2. What type of lock is recommended to secure an office door?
- Cipher lock
- Keyed entry lock
- Security cage
- Cable lock
3. What can you do to ensure that network operating software remains secure? (Choose three correct answers)
- Install patches and updates regularly
- Implement data classification standards
- Conduct software testing prior to launch
- Develop a policy to address application software and operating system updates
4. What is a demilitarized zone (DMZ)?
- A small network between two trusted private networks
- A small network between a trusted private network and the Internet
- A demilitarized zone (DMZ) is a small network between a trusted private network and the Internet.
5. Which type of technology can prevent malicious software from displaying unwanted popup ads on a device?
- Spyware protection
- Antivirus protection
- Adware protection
6. What would you set up to divide a computer network into smaller parts with the aim of improving network performance and security?
- A DMZ
- A VLAN
- A LAN
7. Which of the following enables secure contactless payment?
- USB communication
- Infrared (IR)
- Near-field communication (NFC)
8. What feature does Microsoft Windows use for full disk encryption (FDE)?
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- BitLocker To Go
- Measured Boot
9. What can be used to ensure that a piece of software you are installing is authentic?
- Code signing
- Secure cookies
- Validation rules
- A checksum
10. You want to keep unauthorized users and devices out of a private network. What solution would you use?
- Network Access Control (NAC)
11. What technique can a developer use to prevent software from being reverse engineered by a hacker?
- Stored procedure
- Code reuse
12. ‘Remote-access VPNs allow mobile workers to access the corporate network using a VPN client installed on their device.’ Is this statement true or false?
13. You want to install a system on the network to monitor traffic and immediately respond to any threats identified. Which of the following should you use?
- An Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- An Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
14. Which environment should be used by developers to verify that software runs under the required security settings?
- Production environment
- Sandbox environment
- Staging environment