Cybersecurity Essentials Module 4 Quiz Answers
Module 4: Defending the Enterprise Quiz Question Answers
1. What type of side-channel attacks do cybercriminals launch by studying how long it takes an embedded system to respond to different inputs?
- Timing attacks
- DoS attacks
- Priority inversion
2. What should you do to prevent attacks on SCADA systems?
- Integrate internal and external networks
- Segregate internal and external networks
3. What do organizations use deception technologies for? (Choose three correct answers)
- To provide basic encryption to prevent attacks
- To learn an attacker’s methods
- To warn of potential attacks that could be launched
- To distract attackers from production networks
4. You want to use deception technology to push users away from malicious URLs. Which of the following should you use?
- A honeypot
- A DNS sinkhole
- A honeynet
- A honeyfile
5. What occurs when too many virtualized, underutilized servers use up more resources and space than needed for the work they are doing?
- VM escape
- VM sprawl
6. What key component of virtualization allows you to run multiple independent operating systems on one physical system?
- A container
- A hypervisor
- A VDI
7. What is geofencing used for?
- To identify a device based on its geographic location
- To trigger an action when a user enters or exits a geographic boundary
- To add an identifier to something based on the location
8. What protocol should be used when simple username/password authentication is needed?
9. What algorithm is used by governments to create digital signatures? Hint: It uses large number factorization.
10. Is the following statement true or false?
‘A digital certificate authenticates and verifies that a user sending a message is who they claim to be.’