Cybersecurity Essentials 1.1 Chapter 8 Quiz Answers Full Questions
Chapter 8: Becoming a Cybersecurity Specialist
1. If a person knowingly accesses a government computer without permission, what federal act laws would the person be subject to?
2. Unauthorized visitors have entered a company office and are walking around the building. What two measures can be implemented to prevent unauthorized visitor access to the building? (Choose two.)
- Lock cabinets.
- Conduct security awareness training regularly.
- Prohibit exiting the building during working hours.
- Establish policies and procedures for guests visiting the building.
3. An auditor is asked to assess the LAN of a company for potential threats. What are three potential threats the auditor may point out? (Choose three.)
- unlocked access to network equipment
- a misconfigured firewall
- the acceptable use policy
- unauthorized port scanning and network probing
- complex passwords
- locked systems
4. A company has had several incidents involving users downloading unauthorized software, using unauthorized websites, and using personal USB devices. The CIO wants to put in place a scheme to manage the user threats. What three things might be put in place to manage the threats? (Choose three.)
- Provide security awareness training.
- Disable CD and USB access.
- Implement disciplinary action.
- Monitor all activity by the users.
- Change to thin clients.
- Use content filtering.
5. As part of HR policy in a company, an individual may opt-out of having information shared with any third party other than the employer. Which law protects the privacy of personal shared information?
6. What can be used to rate threats by an impact score to emphasize important vulnerabilities?
7. A breach occurs in a company that processes credit card information. Which industry specific law governs credit card data protection?
- PCI DSS
8. Why is Kali Linux a popular choice in testing the network security of an organization?
- It can be used to test weaknesses by using only malicious software.
- It can be used to intercept and log network traffic.
- It is an open source Linux security distribution and contains over 300 tools.
- It is a network scanning tool that prioritizes security risks.
9. A company is attempting to lower the cost in deploying commercial software and is considering a cloud based service. Which cloud based service would be best to host the software?
10. A security professional is asked to perform an analysis of the current state of a company network. What tool would the security professional use to scan the network only for security risks?
- packet analyzer
- vulnerability scanner
11. A consultant is hired to make recommendations on managing device threats in a company. What are three general recommendations that can be made? (Choose three.)
- Enable automated antivirus scans.
- Remove content filtering.
- Enforce strict HR policies.
- Disable administrative rights for users.
- Enable media devices.
- Enable screen lockout.
12. What three services does CERT provide? (Choose three.)
- develop tools, products, and methods to conduct forensic examinations
- enforce software standards
- develop tools, products, and methods to analyze vulnerabilities
- resolve software vulnerabilities
- develop attack tools
- create malware tools
13. What are two items that can be found on the Internet Storm Center website? (Choose two.)
- current laws
- InfoSec reports
- InfoSec job postings
- historical information
14. An organization has implemented a private cloud infrastructure. The security administrator is asked to secure the infrastructure from potential threats. What three tactics can be implemented to protect the private cloud? (Choose three.)
- Disable firewalls.
- Hire a consultant.
- Disable ping, probing, and port scanning.
- Grant administrative rights.
- Test inbound and outbound traffic.
- Update devices with security fixes and patches.
15. A school administrator is concerned with the disclosure of student information due to a breach. Under which act is student information protected?
16. What are the three broad categories for information security positions? (Choose three.)
17. What are three disclosure exemptions that pertain to the FOIA? (Choose three.)
- information specifically non-exempt by statue
- confidential business information
- public information from financial institutions
- law enforcement records that implicate one of a set of enumerated concerns
- non-geological information regarding wells
- national security and foreign policy information
18. As a security professional, there is a possibility to have access to sensitive data and assets. What is one item a security professional should understand in order to make informed ethical decisions?
- cloud providers
- potential gain
- laws governing the data
- potential bonus
19. What are two potential threats to applications? (Choose two.)
- unauthorized access
- data loss
- power interruptions
- social engineering