1. Which category of network components includes wires and cables used in a wired network?
2. Which statement describes the physical topology for a LAN?
- It defines how hosts and network devices connect to the LAN.
- It describes whether the LAN is a broadcast or token-passing network.
- It shows the order in which hosts access the network.
- It depicts the addressing scheme that is employed in the LAN.
3. Which wireless technology is used on smart phones to transmit data to another device within very close proximity?
4. Which IP configuration parameter provides the IP address of a network device that a computer would use to access the internet?
- DNS server
- subnet mask
- host IP address
- default gateway
5. A traveling sales representative uses a cell phone to interact with the home office and customers, track samples, make sales calls, log mileage, and upload/download data while at a hotel. Which internet connectivity method would be a preferred method to use on the mobile device due to the low cost?
6. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of topology drawing is shown?
7. When the growth of a small network is being planned, which design element will include the physical and logical topology of the network?
- network documentation
- traffic analysis
- device inventory
8. What are two recommendations for an organization that is implementing network device naming standards? (Choose two.)
- A device name should be more than 8 characters.
- Device names should be in a consistent format.
- A device name, especially for PCs, should include an IP address.
- Each device should have a unique, meaningful name.
- Each device name should include upper/lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
9. Which type of technology is used to provide digital data transmissions over cell phone networks?
10. Which wireless technology can be used to connect wireless headphones to a computer?
11. A teenager has asked the grandparents for a specific type of mobile technology. The grandparents do not remember the specific name of the device, but remember that the teenager wants to receive a cell phone call on it. Which technology is likely to be the one the teenager wants?
- VR headset
- smart watch
12. What is a technology used in a cellular telephone network?
- Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)