16.2.4 Packet Tracer – Configure Basic Wireless Security Answers
Configure basic wireless security using WPA2 Personal.
Background / Scenario
A small business owner learns that the wireless network should be secured from unauthorized access. He has decided to use WPA2 Personal for his network.
Part 1:Verify connectivity.
1. Access the Desktop > Web Browser on the laptop.
2. Enter www.cisco.pka into the URL. The web page should display.
Part 2:Configure basic wireless security.
1. Enter 192.168.1.1 in the web browser to access the wireless router. Enter admin as the username and password.
2. Click Wireless menu. Select Wireless Security menu.
3. The security mode is disabled currently. For 2.4 GHz network, change the security mode to WPA2 Personal. For the 5 GHz networks, you can leave them as disabled.
4. In the Passphrase field, enter Network123.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Settings. Close the web browser.
Part 3:Update the wireless settings on Laptop.
1. Click PC Wireless in the Desktop tab.
2. Click Connect tab. Select the Academy and click Connect.
3. Enter Network123 as the pre-shared key. Click Connect.
4. Close the PC Wireless window.
Part 4:Verify connectivity.
1. Access the Web Browser.
2. Enter www.cisco.pka into the URL. Verify that the web page displays after the addition of basic wireless configuration.
3. If you are unable to access the web page, verify your wireless settings on the wireless router and the laptop. Also verify that laptop is connected to the wireless router.