1. Which term is used to describe a network device with the primary function of providing information to other devices?
2. What allows digital devices to interconnect and transmit data?
- a smart phone
- a global positioning sensor
- a sensor
- a network
3. What is a characteristic of a peer-to-peer application?
- Both host devices load a user interface and the same background service during the communication.
- It can only be used on a peer-to-peer network.
- Peer-to-peer application developers typically provide their own transport layer protocol for their applications.
- The host who initiates the communication becomes the client and the other host becomes the server.
4. What is the delay in the amount of time for data to travel between two points on a network?
5. What type of network is defined by two computers that can both send and receive requests for resources?
6. What is a characteristic of a SOHO network?
- It is a collection of interconnected private and public networks.
- It is a small network that connects a few computers to each other and to the internet.
- It is a large network, such as those used by corporations and schools, with hundreds or thousands of interconnected hosts.
- It consists of multiple LANs with backbone infrastructure connections.
7. What type of network must a home user access in order to do online shopping?
- a local area network
- the Internet
8. What is the Internet?
- an application used to access the World Wide Web
- a network of networks
- the type of physical media used by computers to access the World Wide Web
- a small isolated internal network of a company
9. What are two functions of end devices on a network? (Choose two.)
- They are the interface between humans and the communication network.
- They originate the data that flows through the network.
- They provide the channel over which the network message travels.
- They filter the flow of data to enhance security.
- They direct data over alternate paths in the event of link failures.
10. What is an example of a binary value from everyday life?
- a simple light switch
- speed of a traveling car
- brightness of a light bulb
- room temperature
11. Refer to the exhibit. Which term correctly identifies the device type that is included in the area B?