1. What is JSON?
- It is a data format for storing and transporting data.
- It is a scripting language.
- It is a database.
- It is a compiled programming language.
2. What is an architectural constraint to which a true RESTful API web service must adhere?
- It must support the XML data format.
- It operates as a cloud service.
- It runs as client/server model.
- It uses HTTPS to transport data.
3. In the RESTful API request example,
http://www.mapquestapi.com/directions/v2/route?outFormat=json&key=KEY&from=San+Jose,Ca&to=Monterey,Ca, which term describes the component
- API server
4. Which statement describes an API?
- It is a set of functions and procedures that allows a client application to access the data of the service application.
- It is a programming language for creating a web-based application.
- It is a set of functions and subroutines to be used in a comprehensive application.
- It is a set of rules that filter network traffic for web-based applications.
5. Which term describes the process of managing configuration changes of network devices in an orderly fashion?
- version control
6. Which web service API can use multiple data formats including JSON, XML, and YAML?
7. What are two reasons that most RESTful APIs require a key in the request? (Choose two.)
- to authenticate the requesting source
- to gather information on the people using the API
- to encrypt the query message in the API request
- to make sure that the query matches the service offered by the web application
- to specify the data format expected from the response
8. What is a difference between the XML and HTML data formats?
- XML uses a self-descriptive data structure but HTML uses a standard document structure.
- XML formats data in hexadecimal whereas HTML formats data in binary.
- XML requires indentation for each key/value pair whereas HTML does not require indentation.
- XML encloses data within a pair of tags whereas HTML uses a pair of quotation marks to enclose data.
9. A programmer is using Ansible as the configuration management tool. Which term is used to describe a set of instructions for execution?
10. Which term is used to describe a set of instructions for execution by the configuration management tool Chef?
11. Which two configuration management tools are developed using Python? (Choose two.)
12. Which function of the Cisco intent-based networking system (IBNS) enables network operators to express the expected networking behavior that will best support the business intent?
- ACL analysis
13. Which types of APIs are suitable for the data communication between a travel website and a hotel chain inquiring about room availability data?
- public APIs
- partner APIs
- open APIs
- internal APIs
14. Which characters are used to enclose a JSON key?
- square brackets
- quotation marks
15. Which character is used to separate JSON key/value pairs?
- (semi colon) ;
- (dash) –
- (comma) ,
- (forward slash) /