1. What tool can be used on a Linux device to compare all installed software against a repository index, to download updates, and to install them automatically?
- improved C Shell (tcsh)
- package manager system
2. Match the Linux administrative command to the function it performs. (Not all options are used.)
cd –> change the current directory
cp –> copy a file or files from source to destination
mv –> move a file or files to a different directory
rm –> remove a file or files
mkdir –> create a directory under the current directory
Other Incorrect Match Options:
modify file permissions
3. Fill in the blank.
A computer ___ is a set of ordered instructions created to accomplish a specific task.
- software program
4. A user is using Blockly to program a process to find the next 100 prime numbers after 2. Which block is best used for the task?
- FOR block
- WHILE block
- PRIME block
- IF-THEN block
5. What elements are used to represent different programming structures in Blockly?
- colored blocks
- programming code pieces
- colored lines and symbols
6. True or False?
Programmers only work on desktop applications.
7. Which Python function is used for console output?
8. What is a Raspberry Pi?
- a small, low cost, single-board computer
- a Python function for conditional logic
- an object-oriented programming language
- a cloud-based service for teaching IoT
9. Which statement describes Blockly?
- It is a compiled language.
- It is a specific Linux distribution.
- It is graphic editing software for web design.
10. What are two features related to Linux? (Choose two.)
- open source
- an application for word processing
- an example of interpreted language
- a code base managed by one organization
- support by a community of programmers
11. Which language is an example of a compiled programming language?
12. A system administrator issues the command ps on a server that is running the Linux operating system. What is the purpose of this command?
- to process a new task
- to change file permissions
- to display the contents of the current directory
- to list the processes currently running in the system
13. Which Linux shell command can be used to search a specific string of characters within a file?
14. What is needed for a computer program to communicate with another computer program made from a different vendor?
- device driver
- operating system
15. What is the benefit of deploying a group of headless Pi IoT devices?
- Each Pi IoT device is managed remotely on a network.
- A single monitor can be connected to the group of Pi IoT devices.
- The Pi IoT devices can connect to each other using Zigbee.
- The group of Pi IoT devices must be controlled by a single Pi device in the cloud.
16. Which Python command is an example of conditional logic?
17. To answer the question, you do not need the graphic. Why is it common to connect an Arduino board with a single board computer like the Raspberry Pi?
- The Arduino is a full computer and the Raspberry Pi is not.
- The Raspberry Pi cannot process incoming digital signals.
- The Arduino has analog pins.
- The Raspberry Pi does not require software to interact with an Arduino.
18. What is an advantage of an executable program coded with an interpreted language compared with a compiled language?
- It runs faster.
- It stores as binary format.
- It is easier to maintain and troubleshoot.
- It does not rely on another program in order to execute.
19. What is a method to secure the control plane of an IoT device?
- the encryption of user data
- enforcement of authorized access to code
- restricting access to servers
- verification of data integrity
20. Which Linux distribution is used to develop the Raspbian operating system for the Raspberry Pi?
- Red Hat