1. What is data in motion?
- value extracted from data while it is being generated
- data stored in mobile devices
- data generated by an IoT device that is moving
- data transferred from an IoT device to the cloud
2. Which statement is an accurate description of 4G and 5G wireless technologies?
- Both 4G and 5G technologies use a low-energy, low-power, low-data rate for wireless personal-area networks.
- They require a wireless WAN connection to power constricted devices.
- They are both cellular-based technologies for covering large geographic areas.
- They both require a 2.4 GHz short-range radio frequency band for industrial, scientific, and medical applications.
3. Fill in the blank.
The three Vs that distinguish data from big data are velocity, volume, and variety
4. What are three characteristics that distinguish big data from data? (Choose three.)
- amount of data being transported and stored
- rate at which data is generated
- type of data that is generated
- where the data is stored
- how the data is collected
- who is authorized to access the data
5. Which wireless technology has low-power and data rate requirements making it popular in home automation applications?
6. Which pillar of the Cisco IoT System allows data to be analyzed and managed at the location where it is generated?
- data analytics
- fog computing
- network connectivity
- application enhancement platform
7. Match the wireless technology with the description.
ZigBee –> popular in IoT applications such as home automation
4G/5G –> cellular-based technology for transferring data over large geographic areas
LoRaWAN –> uses a gateway to relay messages between end-devices and a central network server
8. Which wireless technology can be used to provide a metropolitan area with up to 100 Mbps of bandwidth?
9. Which cloud service provides an app development platform and a backend service for apps?
10. Match the type of media with the transmission technology.
copper wires –> electrical impulses
fiber optic cable –> pulses of light
wireless –> radio waves
Other Incorrect Match Options:
11. What are two protocols developed by the Wi-Fi Alliance to secure wireless networks? (Choose two.)
12. Match the network component category with the description.
end devices –> source or destination of a message
intermediate devices –> determine best path for packets
media –> physical channel to carry messages
services –> network applications
13. Which type of payment model is typically used to purchase cloud services?
- annual subscription fee
- lump-sum payment in advance
- pay-as-you-go system
- calculation based on bandwidth
14. What are rules governing communication between network devices?
15. What measure should be taken to secure IoT devices?
- install self-encrypting hard drives
- disconnect from the Internet
- keep firmware updated
- implement the security through obscurity model
16. What is the goal of fog computing?
- to store all data on a single server for processing
- to send data immediately to the cloud for secure storage
- to analyze data as close to the source as possible
- to permanently store data on the local device
17. Fill in the blank.
A ___ area network is usually administered by multiple service providers.
- wide area network
- wide area
18. Fill in the blank.
A ___ area network is a network infrastructure that interconnects end devices in a limited area.
- Local area network
- local area
19. What is the role of routing on data networks?
- to determine the best paths for packets through the network
- to provide a physical channel for packets to travel through the network
- to ensure availability of services and resources on the network
- to provide an architecture for data exchange