1. How are electronic sensors used in digitizing the natural world?
- They measure a physical event and translate it into electrical signals.
- They measure voltage as a function of time and output a graph.
- They convert digital events into analog representations.
- They measure electrical signals sent from a specific computer port.
2. What type of electrical circuit stops working when a single electronic component is damaged or removed?
3. Refer to the exhibit. What is used to limit the amount of current that flows through the circuit?
4. What is another term for an electrically controlled mechanical switch?
5. What software package is commonly used to create programs for the Arduino?
- Arduino IDE
- Packet Tracer
6. Which tool measures the ratio of voltage to current across an object?
- clamp meter
7. Fill in the blank.
Refer to the exhibit. The graphic shows an example of a simple ___
Correct Answer: circuit
8. What is direct current?
- the type of current that is supplied to the home by power utilities
- the type of electric current in which the current flow periodically reverses direction
- the type of current that is produced by batteries, computer power supplies, and solar cells
- the type of current that is represented by a sine wave
9. Which three items can serve as inputs to a microcontroller unit such as an Arduino? (Choose three.)
- a sensor
- an LED
- a pushbutton
- a Twitter message
- an actuator
- a relay
10. Match the unit of measurement with the associated electronic concept. (Not all options are used.)
- watt –> power
- ampere –> current
- volt –> voltage
- ohm –> resistance
- Other Incorrect Match Options:
11. Which tool has the ability to measure the signals that travel from sensors to microcontrollers as a function of time?
- clamp meter
12. Match the definitions with the appropriate steps of the design phase of a printed circuit board.
- finding possible vendors and material costs –> research
- the initial idea –> concept
- symbolic representations of the circuit and components –> circuit design
13. What type of circuit provides multiple paths for current flow so that the failure of a single component will not affect the operation of the entire circuit?
14. Refer to the exhibit. What type of component is represented if it appeared on an electronic schematic?
15. What is a feature of microcontrollers that makes them well-suited for use in the Internet of things?
- large data storage capacity
- low power requirements
- multiple processor cores
- large form factor
16. What type of device is able to create physical movement?
17. What functions do sensors perform in the digitized world?
- creating physical movement
- detecting events in the physical environment
- performing physical actions
- reducing current flow through a circuit
18. What file extension is used when saving sketches written with the Arduino IDE?
19. What type of component has no effect on gain or control over voltage or current?
20. Match the term to its definition.
- voltage (V) –> electrical potential difference, “electrical pressure”
- resistance (R) –> opposition to flow of charged particles
- current (I) –> flow of charged particles; often electrons
- impedance (Z) –> opposition to changes in voltage or current due to electrical and magnetic interactions
- power (P) –> electrical energy per unit time generated or dissipated