18.104.22.168 Packet Tracer – Skills Integrated Challenge (Answers)
Instructor Note: Red font color or gray highlights indicate text that appears in the instructor copy only.
|Device||Interface||IP Address||Subnet Mask||Default Gateway|
This culminating activity includes many of the skills that you have acquired during this course. You will configure a wireless router, upload and download files using FTP, connect securely to a remote site using a VPN, and secure a Cisco IOS router.
Note: You only have access to the Metropolis HQ site. You can access all the servers and PCs within this site for testing purposes.
Implement to following requirements:
Sally’s Computer – Metropolis Bank HQ
Upload the txt file to the FTP/Web server using FTP:
- User sally with password ftpaccess
- The file to upload is txt
- Use the IP address of the FTP/Web server located in the addressing table.
Connect Sally’s computer to the Gotham Healthcare Branch site via a client-to-site VPN:
- Use the IP address of the VPN server located in the addressing table and ping the VPN server
- Connect the client-to-site VPN with user sally and password vpnsally
- Use the group VPNGROUP and key 123
Using the VPN connection, download the txt file from the BackupFiles server using FTP:
- Use the IP address of the BackupFiles server located in the addressing table.
- User sally with password securesally
- The file to download is data.txt
Phil’s Laptop – Metropolis Bank HQ
Configure the HQ_Wireless
- Use the IP address of the HQ_Wireless router located in the addressing table.
- Use the Web Browser to configure the HQ_Wireless router from Phil’s
- User admin with password [email protected]
- Change the SSID from Default to HQwifi
- Set the SSID to be viewable (broadcasted) to wireless clients.
- Configure wireless security of WPA2 Personal with the passphrase of cisco321.
Secure the HQ_Router.
- Use the IP address of HQ_Router router located in the addressing table.
- Use the Command prompt to ssh to HQ_Router with the user phil and password securessh
- Use the enable command and password
- Activate the Cisco IOS resilient configuration feature.
- Configure a banner motd message that includes the phrase Authorized Access Only
Gina’s Laptop – Metropolis Bank HQ
Connect Gina’s laptop to the wireless network.
- Connect to the SSID of HQwifi
- Use the Pre-shared Key of cisco321
- Verify that the laptop uses DHCP
Suggested Scoring Rubric
Packet Tracer scores 100 points.
Final Config for HQ_Router
enable config t banner motd "Authorized Access Only" secure boot-image exit