IT Essentials 8.0 Module 22.214.171.124 Introduction to Personal Computer Hardware Quiz answers
1. Which three devices are considered output devices? (Choose three.)
- fingerprint scanner
2. A network administrator currently has three servers and needs to add a fourth, but does not have enough room for an additional monitor and keyboard. Which device allows the administrator to connect all the servers to a single monitor and keyboard?
- touch screen monitor
- PS/2 hub
- USB switch
- KVM switch
3. Which action can reduce the risk of ESD damage when computer equipment is being worked on?
- working on a grounded antistatic mat
- lowering the humidity level in the work area
- moving cordless phones away from the work area
- keeping the computer plugged into a surge protector
4. Which type of input device can identify users based on their voice?
- KVM switch
- biometric identification device
5. How are the internal components of a computer protected against ESD?
- by unplugging the computer after use
- by grounding the internal components via attachment to the case
- by using computer cases made out of plastic or aluminum
- by using multiple fans to move warm air through the case
6. A technician wants to replace a failing power supply on a high-end gaming computer. Which form factor should the technician be looking for?
7. Refer to the exhibit. How is the connector used in a PC?
- to connect legacy floppy drives
- to connect optical drives
- to connect disk drives
- to supply power to various internal components
8. Which expansion slot is used by an NVMe compliant device?
9. Which disk drive type contains a magnetic HDD with onboard flash memory serving as a non-volatile cache?
10. Which port allows for the transmission of high definition video using the DisplayPort protocol?
11. Refer to the exhibit. What type of connecter is displayed?
- DVI to HDMI adapter
- HDMI to VGA converter
- Molex to SATA adapter
- USB to PS/2 adapter
12. Which statement describes Augmented Reality (AR) technology?
- It always requires a headset.
- It superimposes images and audio over the real world in real time.
- The headset closes off any ambient light to users.
- It does not provide users with immediate access to information about their real surroundings.
13. Which two PC components communicate with the CPU through the Southbridge chipset? (Choose two.)
- hard drive
- 64-bit gigabit Ethernet adapter
- video card
14. Which motherboard form factor has the smallest footprint for use in thin client devices?
15. What is the maximum storage capacity of a single DDR5 DIMM stick?
- 64 GB
- 128 GB
- 256 GB
- 32 GB