IT Essentials (Version 8.0) – IT Essentials 8.0 Chapter 14 Exam Answers
1. What is a reason to escalate a problem from a level one technician to a level two technician?
- when a peripheral device needs to be replaced
- when the screen resolution of a customer PC needs to be adjusted
- when drivers, applications, or operating systems need to be installed
- when the equipment needs to be rebooted
2. A programmer used an operator to compare values within a program and the resulting logical data type was “false”. Which test condition would have provided the result of “false”?
- 4 >= 1
- 8 != 8
- 3 == 3
- 6 <= 6
3. What should a level two technician do immediately after receiving an escalated work order from a level one technician?
- Send the work order to a level three technician and ask for support.
- Call the level one technician and ask questions about the problem.
- Document suggestions to solve the problem in the work order and return it to the level one technician.
- Call the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.
4. A worker in the records department of a hospital in the United States accidentally sends a patient’s medical record to a printer in another department. When the worker arrives at the printer, the patient record printout is missing. Which two types of compliance standards best match the breach of confidentiality? (Choose two.)
5. A support desk trainer is teaching a new support desk technician some basic rules about starting a conversation with a customer. Which statement describes the rules the trainer should be teaching?
- Learn the name of the customer and create a connection with the customer. Next ask questions that assess the knowledge level of the customer.
- Start by asking close-ended questions about what the customer understands of the problem and then direct the customer through the correction process.
- Ask the customer what the problem is and then introduce yourself.
- Assess what the customer knows of the support desk process and then use close-ended questions to guide the customer through the correction process.
6. What is the definition of cyber law?
- the process of collecting and analyzing data from computer systems, networks, wireless communications, and storage devices
- a contract that defines expectations between an organization and IT service vendors for an agreed upon level of support
- a single law defining criminal acts that are committed online
- the collection of international, country, and local laws that affect computer security professionals
7. A customer is angry and calls to complain that the service scheduled on the computer took longer than expected. The technician reviews the work order and notices that the service was performed by a new employee. How should the technician respond?
- Put the customer on hold until a supervisor is available.
- Verify that the computer is working properly now.
- Explain that the repair technician sent to perform the service is inexperienced.
- Listen to the complaint and then apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lengthy service on the computer.
8. Which change management process component is concerned with the cost and resources necessary for implementation?
9. What is a characteristic of the open source license of an application software?
- It allows users to modify and share the source code.
- It requires registration instead of purchasing.
- It does not require purchase in order to use the software.
- It requires acknowledged completion of a professional training course prior to use.
- It cannot be used for campus-wide deployment.
10. Which is true regarding the treatment of customer property?
- Data left on a customer’s PC is not property because it is visible to others.
- Customer property is limited to hardware.
- A customer’s phone list is customer property and must be kept private.
- A technician does not have to care about copies of customer files because it is not the original.
11. Which statement best describes a call center?
- It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
- It is a store-front environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
- It is a place that exists within a company and provides computer support to both employees and customers of the company.
- It is a busy, fast-paced work environment where agents contact customers to arrange preventive maintenance appointments.
12. When performing computer forensics, what can be prevented with a properly and carefully documented chain of custody?
- cyber crime
- evidence tampering
- identity theft
- copying of copyrighted materials
13. What is a common responsibility of a level one call center technician?
- remotely connecting to customer devices and implementing driver and software updates
- entering a concise description of a customer problem into a ticketing system
- receiving escalated work orders from a lower level technician
- calling back customers and asking additional questions to solve the problem
14. Which statement is characteristic of most personal software licenses?
- A user is allowed to share the software with friends.
- A company is allowed to use the software campus wide.
- A user is allowed to install the software on only one computer.
- Developers are allowed to modify and share the source code that runs the software.
15. A technician is attempting to securely configure a Linux web server on the public-facing side of the firewall. What port type and number are most likely required to be open on the firewall to allow this traffic through?
- UDP port 22
- TCP port 22
- UDP port 23
- TCP port 3389
- TCP port 23
- UDP port 3389
16. Which type of documentation is concerned with specifying what data must be collected and how long it must be retained in regards to an organization?
- user documentation
17. Which task would require that a problem be escalated to a level two technician?
- checking loose external cables
- cleaning a mouse
- changing CMOS settings
- changing toner cartridges
18. Which are two examples of good customer service? (Choose two.)
- A technician speaks slowly and uses common industry jargon and terms with the customer.
- A technician continually reminds the customer that an issue was due to customer neglect.
- A technician notifies a customer as soon as possible that there may be a delay.
- A technician follows up with a customer after services are completed.
- A technician repeatedly encourages a customer to agree to a product warranty.
19. Which two programming languages require the program to be converted into executable code using a compiler? (Choose two.)
20. A technician is troubleshooting a PC in a workplace environment and finds many pirated movies on the hard drive. What should the technician do?
- Make a copy of all the pirated content and send it to the law enforcement authorities.
- Remove the pirated content and document all work done.
- Report the findings through the proper channels.
- Advise the user that downloading pirated content is illegal and that the user should refrain from doing so.
21. What does a technician need in order to make changes to software installed on the computer of a customer?
- verification that the software is legal
- two witnesses
- the authorization of a more senior technician
- customer authorization
22. Why is a chain of custody important in a cyber crime case?
- It protects copyrighted materials.
- It ensures conviction
- It proves guilt.
- It authenticates evidence.
23. What two actions should a call center technician avoid when dealing with an angry customer? (Choose two.)
- putting the customer on hold or transferring the call
- apologizing for any inconvenience caused to the customer
- sympathizing with the customer
- spending time explaining what caused the problem
- letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
24. What is the definition of a script file?
- A simple text file used to automate processes and tasks.
- A simple file with a single statement that loops repeatedly.
- A file that is compiled and translated into machine language before executing.
- A file that is the output of a conditional statement.
25. What are two examples of personally identifiable information (PII)? (Choose two.)
- credit card number
- first name
- language preference
- street address
- IP address
26. What is a typical task performed by a level one technician in a call center?
- solving the problem that might require opening up the computer case
- using remote access software to troubleshoot the customer computer
- picking up an escalated work order and calling the customer for further information
- gathering information when a customer calls for help
27. Which two rules pertain to the general daily activities of employees in a call center environment? (Choose two.)
- If a technician takes a call from a customer the technician does not like, the technician should pass the call to another technician.
- If a customer complains about another technician, the technician who is taking the call should agree with opinion of the customer.
- The technician should adjust the work chair to a height that is high enough so that wrists angle downwards toward the keyboard.
- The technician should be sure to treat all customers equally.
- The technician should contact the customer if the technician is going to be late for a follow-up appointment.
28. During computer forensics investigations, which type of data is lost when power is removed from the computer?
- data that is stored on solid state drives
- data that is stored on magnetic disk
- data that is stored to an external drive
- data that is stored in RAM
29. A system administrator needs to perform manual updates on a remote Linux workstation using a Windows 10 PC. Which remote access tool should the administrator use to securely access and configure the Linux device across the network?
- SSH client
- Telnet client
- Windows Remote Desktop client
- Windows Remote Assistance client
30. A technician receives a call from a customer who is too talkative. How should the technician handle the call?
- Talk over the customer and quickly gather the necessary information to be of help.
- Use open-ended questions and repeat all the information back to the customer to politely show that unnecessary information is being given.
- Allow the customer to speak without interruption and then try to use closed-ended questions to gather data.
- Politely step in and gain control of the call by asking the customer social questions.