IT Essentials 8.0 Module 188.8.131.52 PC Assembly Quiz Answers
1. Which two pieces of information are needed before selecting a power supply? (Choose two.)
- the type of CPU
- the form factor of the case
- the installed operating system
- the total wattage of all components
- the voltage requirements of peripheral devices
2. What should be done prior to the installation of RAM onto the motherboard?
- Consult the motherboard documentation or website of the manufacturer to ensure that the RAM is compatible with the motherboard.
- Change the voltage selector to meet with the voltage specification of the RAM.
- Ensure the memory expansion slot tabs are in the locked position before inserting the RAM module.
- Populate the center memory slots first before inserting the new RAM.
3. Which adapter card in a PC would provide data fault tolerance?
- SD card
- I/O card
- capture card
- RAID card
4. What is a possible hardware upgrade that can be used to add more storage space to a modern smartphone?
- hard disk
- USB flash drive
5. The following parts were ordered by someone building a personal computer:
1 – AMD 3.7 GHz
2 – Gigawhiz GA-A239VM (does not include USB 3.1 front panel connectors)
3 – HorseAir DDR3 8 GB
4 – ATX with up to three 3.5″ drive bays
5 – Eastern Divide 1TB 7200 RPM
6 – Zoltz 550W
What is the significance of the 550W in the 6th item (Zoltz 550W)?
- motherboard speed
- RAM speed
- output power
- input power
6. Refer to the exhibit. A technician is installing a second SATA hard drive. Which section of the motherboard will be used to connect the SATA cable?
- section A
- section B
- section C
- section D
7. Which SATA internal hard drive form factor is most often used in a tower computer?
- 2.25 inch (5.7 cm)
- 2.5 inch (6.4 cm)
- 3.5 inch (8.9 cm)
- 5.25 inch (13.3 cm)
8. A technician is being asked to move a heavy industrial printer. Which safety technique is recommended for this situation?
- Bend at the knees when lifting.
- Remove paper and all sources of ink before moving.
- Use a pulley.
- Wear safety goggles.
9. What should a technician do before working on a computer?
- Remove all cables except the power cable.
- Ensure that the computer is free of viruses.
- Remove any watch and jewelry.
- Check the surrounding area for trip hazards.
10. A technician needs to buy a replacement adapter for a department computer. Which type of adapter requires the technician to consider a DSP?
11. What are two reasons someone might upgrade a NIC? (Choose two.)
- to import videos
- to increase bandwidth
- to implement a RAID
- to have a higher sample rate
- to have wireless connectivity
12. Which type of media card is an older format, but is still used in video cameras?
13. Refer to the exhibit. Which front panel connector commonly has nine or ten pins arranged in two rows?
- drive activity LED
- power button
- power LED
14. True or False? When installing a hard drive, it is recommended that you hand-tighten drive mounting screws prior to using a screwdriver.