Module Group 2: Network Protocols and Architecture Pretest Exam Answers
Networking Essentials (Version 2) – Modules 5 – 8: Network Protocols and Architecture Pre-Test Exam Answers
1. What are three private IPv4 address? (Choose three.)
2. A network design engineer has been asked to design the IP addressing scheme for a customer network. The network will use IP addresses from the 192.168.30.0/24 network. The engineer allocates 254 IP addresses for the hosts on the network but excludes 192.168.30.0/24 and 192.168.30.255/24 IP addresses. Why must the engineer exclude these two IP addresses?
- 192.168.30.0/24 and 192.168.30.255/24 IP addresses are reserved for the email and DNS servers.
- 192.168.30.0/24 is the network IP address and 192.168.30.255/24 is the IP broadcast address.
- 192.168.30.0/24 and 192.168.30.255/24 IP addresses are reserved for outside Internet connectivity.
- 192.168.30.0/24 is the IP address reserved for the default gateway, and 192.168.30.255/24 is the IP address reserved for the DHCP server.
3. Which statement describes a MAC address?
- It is 128-bits in length.
- It identifies the source and destination addresses of hosts on the Internet.
- It contains two portions, the network portion and the host portion.
- It is a physical address assigned to an Ethernet NIC by the manufacturer.
4. Which two layers of the OSI model specify protocols that are associated with Ethernet standards? (Choose two.)
- physical layer
- session layer
- data link layer
- transport layer
- network layer
5. Which three fields are found in an 802.3 Ethernet frame? (Choose three.)
- source physical address
- media type identifier
- frame check sequence
- source logical address
- destination physical address
- destination logical address
6. Which network device can serve as a boundary to divide a Layer 2 broadcast domain?
- access point
- Ethernet bridge
- Ethernet hub
7. A host is trying to send a packet to a device on a remote LAN segment, but there are currently no mappings in the ARP cache. How will the device obtain a destination MAC address?
- It will send an ARP request for the MAC address of the destination device.
- It will send the frame and use the device MAC address as the destination.
- It will send the frame with a broadcast MAC address.
- It will send an ARP request for the MAC address of the default gateway.
- It will send an ARP request to the DNS server for the destination MAC address.
8. Refer to the exhibit. How is a frame sent from PCA forwarded to PCC if the MAC address table on switch SW1 is empty?
- SW1 floods the frame on all ports on SW1, excluding the port through which the frame entered the switch.
- SW1 floods the frame on all ports on the switch, excluding the interconnected port to switch SW2 and the port through which the frame entered the switch.
- SW1 forwards the frame directly to SW2. SW2 floods the frame to all ports connected to SW2, excluding the port through which the frame entered the switch.
- SW1 drops the frame because it does not know the destination MAC address.
9. A router receives a packet from the Gigabit 0/0 interface and determines that the packet needs to be forwarded out the Gigabit 0/1 interface. What will the router do next?
- route the packet out the Gigabit 0/1 interface
- look into the routing table to determine if the destination network is in the routing table
- create a new Layer 2 Ethernet frame to be sent to the destination
- look into the ARP cache to determine the destination IP address
10. When IPv4 is configured for a computer on a network, what does the subnet mask identify?
- the dynamic subnetwork configuration
- the device that the computer uses to access another network
- the part of the IP address that identifies the network
- the pool of addresses assigned within the network
11. Which network does a host with IP address 220.127.116.11 reside on if it is using a default subnet mask?
12. Which three layers of the OSI model are comparable in function to the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
- data link
13. Which layer of the OSI model defines services to segment and reassemble data for individual communications between end devices?
14. Refer to the exhibit. The IP address of which device interface should be used as the default gateway setting of host H1?
- R1: G0/0
- R2: S0/0/1
- R1: S0/0/0
- R2: S0/0/0
15. Which portion of the network layer address does a router use to forward packets?
- host portion
- network portion
- broadcast address
- gateway address
16. In implementing a LAN in a corporation, what are three advantages of dividing hosts between multiple networks connected by a distribution layer? (Choose three.)
- It provides increased security.
- It reduces complexity and expense by using LAN switch devices.
- Only LAN switches are needed.
- It splits up broadcast domains and decreases traffic.
- It makes the hosts invisible to those on other local network segments.
- It increases traffic bandwidth between segments through distribution layer devices.