Networking Essentials Module Group 4: Pretest Exam
Networking Essentials (Version 2) – Modules 13 – 16: Home Network Basics Pre-Test Exam Answers
1. Which two statements characterize wireless network security? (Choose two.)
- Using the default IP address on an access point makes hacking easier.
- An attacker needs physical access to at least one network device to launch an attack.
- Wireless networks offer the same security features as wired networks offer.
- With SSID broadcast disabled, an attacker must know the SSID to connect.
- Wireless guest mode provides open access to a protected LAN.
2. Which type of network technology is used for low-speed communication between peripheral devices?
3. What two radio frequency bands are used in home Wireless LANs? (Choose two.)
- 9 MHz
- 900 GHz
- 5 GHz
- 5 MHz
- 2.4 GHz
4. Which type of wireless communication is based on 802.11 standards?
- Cellular WAN
5. Which DSL technology provides higher downstream bandwidth to the user than upstream bandwidth?
6. What would a technician require in order to install a hypervisor on a client machine?
- virtualization software
- multiple storage drives
- a server housed by a cloud service provider
- an SSD
7. Which statement describes a characteristic of cloud computing?
- Applications can be accessed over the Internet through a subscription.
- Investment in new infrastructure is required in order to access the cloud.
- Devices can connect to the Internet through existing electrical wiring.
- A business can connect directly to the Internet without the use of an ISP.
8. What technology enables a cell phone to be used as a hands-free device?
9. What is the primary means for mitigating virus and Trojan horse attacks?
- antisniffer software
- antivirus software
- blocking ICMP echo and echo-replies
10. What type of program installs and gathers personal information, including password and account information, from a computer without permission or knowledge of the user?
11. What type of attack is the ping of death?
- denial of service
- brute force
- social engineering
12. What is the term used when a malicious party sends a fraudulent email disguised as being from a legitimate, trusted source?
13. Which wireless access point association parameter is used by the wireless client to distinguish between multiple wireless networks in the same vicinity?
- network mode
- channel setting
14. What is a feature that can be used by an administrator to prevent unauthorized users from connecting to a wireless access point?
- MAC filtering
- software firewall
- WPA encryption
- proxy server
15. A network administrator has decided to use WPA2 for security in a WLAN. Which statement describes WPA2?
- WPA2 requires use of an open authentication method.
- WPA2 uses preconfigured keys to encrypt and decrypt data.
- WPA2 specifies the use of a static encryption key that must be changed frequently to enhance security.
- WPA2 specifies the use of a dynamic encryption key.
16. What is the purpose of a DMZ?
- It analyzes traffic for intrusion attempts and sends reports to management stations.
- It provides secure connectivity for clients that connect to the internal network through a wireless LAN.
- It allows external hosts to access specific company servers while maintaining the security restrictions for the internal network.
- It creates an encrypted and authenticated tunnel for remote hosts to access the internal network.