17.8.5 Module Quiz – Build a Small Network Answers
1. Which two traffic types require delay sensitive delivery? (Choose two.)
2. A network technician suspects that a particular network connection between two Cisco switches is having a duplex mismatch. Which command would the technician use to see the Layer 1 and Layer 2 details of a switch port?
- show interfaces
- show running-config
- show ip interface brief
- show mac-address-table
3. Which statement is true about CDP on a Cisco device?
- The show cdp neighbor detail command will reveal the IP address of a neighbor only if there is Layer 3 connectivity.
- To disable CDP globally, the no cdp enable command in interface configuration mode must be used.
- CDP can be disabled globally or on a specific interface.
- Because it runs at the data link layer, the CDP protocol can only be implemented in switches.
4. What factor should be considered in the design of a small network when devices are being chosen?
- cost of devices
- traffic analysis
5. A user is unable to reach the website when typing http://www.cisco.com in a web browser, but can reach the same site by typing http://18.104.22.168. What is the issue?
- default gateway
- TCP/IP protocol stack
6. Where are Cisco IOS debug output messages sent by default?
- memory buffers
- vty lines
- Syslog server
- console line
7. Which element of scaling a network involves identifying the physical and logical topologies?
- traffic analysis
- network documentation
- device inventory
- cost analysis
8. What mechanism can be implemented in a small network to help minimize network latency for real-time streaming applications?
9. Which process failed if a computer cannot access the internet and received an IP address of 169.254.142.5?
10. A small company has only one router as the exit point to its ISP. Which solution could be adopted to maintain connectivity if the router itself, or its connection to the ISP, fails?
- Activate another router interface that is connected to the ISP, so the traffic can flow through it.
- Have a second router that is connected to another ISP.
- Purchase a second least-cost link from another ISP to connect to this router.
- Add more interfaces to the router that is connected to the internal network.
11. When should an administrator establish a network baseline?
- when the traffic is at peak in the network
- when there is a sudden drop in traffic
- at the lowest point of traffic in the network
- at regular intervals over a period of time
12. Which network design consideration would be more important to a large corporation than to a small business?
- Internet router
- low port density switch
13. A newly hired network technician is given the task of ordering new hardware for a small business with a large growth forecast. Which primary factor should the technician be concerned with when choosing the new devices?
- devices with a fixed number and type of interfaces
- devices that have support for network monitoring
- redundant devices
- devices with support for modularity
14. What type of traffic would most likely have the highest priority through the network?
- instant messaging
15. A network technician is investigating network connectivity from a PC to a remote host with the address 10.1.1.5. Which command, when issued on a Windows PC, will display the path to the remote host?
- trace 10.1.1.5
- traceroute 10.1.1.5
- tracert 10.1.1.5
- ping 10.1.1.5