2.9.4 Module Quiz – Basic Switch and End Device Configuration Answers
1. Which functionality is provided by DHCP?
- automatic assignment of an IP address to each host
- remote switch management
- translation of IP addresses to domain names
- end-to-end connectivity test
2. Which two functions are provided to users by the context-sensitive help feature of the Cisco IOS CLI? (Choose two.)
- providing an error message when a wrong command is submitted
- displaying a list of all available commands within the current mode
- allowing the user to complete the remainder of an abbreviated command with the TAB key
- determining which option, keyword, or argument is available for the entered command
- selecting the best command to accomplish a task
3. Which memory location on a Cisco router or switch stores the startup configuration file?
4. To what subnet does the IP address 10.1.100.50 belong if a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 is used?
5. When a hostname is configured through the Cisco CLI, which three naming conventions are part of the guidelines? (Choose three.)
- the hostname should be fewer than 64 characters in length
- the hostname should be written in all lower case characters
- the hostname should contain no spaces
- the hostname should end with a special character
- the hostname should begin with a letter
6. What is the function of the shell in an OS?
- It interacts with the device hardware.
- It interfaces between the users and the kernel.
- It provides dedicated firewall services.
- It provides the intrusion protection services for the device.
7. A router with a valid operating system contains a configuration file stored in NVRAM. The configuration file has an enable secret password but no console password. When the router boots up, which mode will display?
- global configuration mode
- setup mode
- Oprivileged EXEC mode
- user EXEC mode
8. An administrator has just changed the IP address of an interface on an IOS device. What else must be done in order to apply those changes to the device?
- Copy the running configuration to the startup configuration file.
- Copy the information in the startup configuration file to the running configuration.
- Reload the device and type yes when prompted to save the configuration.
- Nothing must be done. Changes to the configuration on an IOS device take effect as soon as the command is typed correctly and the Enter key has been pressed.
9. Which memory location on a Cisco router or switch will lose all content when the device is restarted?
10. Why would a technician enter the command copy startup-config running-config?
- to remove all configurations from the switch
- to save an active configuration to NVRAM
- to copy an existing configuration into RAM
- to make a changed configuration the new startup configuration
11. Which statement is true about the running configuration file in a Cisco IOS device?
- It affects the operation of the device immediately when modified.
- It is stored in NVRAM.
- It should be deleted using the erase running-config command.
- It is automatically saved when the router reboots.
12. Which two statements are true regarding the user EXEC mode? (Choose two.)
- All router commands are available.
- Global configuration mode can be accessed by entering the enable command.
- The device prompt for this mode ends with the “>” symbol.
- Interfaces and routing protocols can be configured.
- Only some aspects of the router configuration can be viewed.
13. Which type of access is secured on a Cisco router or switch with the enable secret command?
- virtual terminal
- privileged EXEC
- AUX port
- console line
14. What is the default SVI on a Cisco switch?