0 of 55 questions completed
CCNA 2 v7 Modules 5 – 6: Redundant Networks Test Online
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 55 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsWhat additional information is contained in the 12-bit extended system ID of a BPDU?CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsDuring the implementation of Spanning Tree Protocol, all switches are rebooted by the network administrator. What is the first step of the spanning-tree election process?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsWhich STP port role is adopted by a switch port if there is no other port with a lower cost to the root bridge?CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 pointsWhich two concepts relate to a switch port that is intended to have only end devices attached and intended never to be used to connect to another switch? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
5. Question1 pointsWhich three components are combined to form a bridge ID?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe three components that are combined to form a bridge ID are bridge priority, extended system ID, and MAC address.
6. Question1 pointsIn which two port states does a switch learn MAC addresses and process BPDUs in a PVST network? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintSwitches learn MAC addresses at the learning and forwarding port states. They receive and process BPDUs at the blocking, listening, learning, and forwarding port states.
7. Question1 pointsIf no bridge priority is configured in PVST, which criteria is considered when electing the root bridge?CorrectIncorrect
HintOnly one switch can be the root bridge for a VLAN. The root bridge is the switch with the lowest BID. The BID is determined by priority and the MAC address. If no priority is configured then all switches use the default priority and the election of the root bridge will be based on the lowest MAC address.
8. Question1 pointsWhen the show spanning-tree vlan 33 command is issued on a switch, three ports are shown in the forwarding state. In which two port roles could these interfaces function while in the forwarding state? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe role of each of the three ports will be either designated port or root port. Ports in the disabled state are administratively disabled. Ports in the blocking state are alternate ports.
9. Question1 pointsWhat is the function of STP in a scalable network?CorrectIncorrect
10. Question1 pointsWhat is a characteristic of spanning tree?CorrectIncorrect
11. Question1 pointsWhich spanning tree standard supports only one root bridge so that traffic from all VLANs flows over the same path?CorrectIncorrect
HintMST is the Cisco implementation of MSTP, an IEEE standard protocol that provides up to 16 instances of RSTP. PVST+ provides a separate 802.1D spanning-tree instance for each VLAN that is configured in the network. 802.1D is the original STP standard defined by the IEEE and allows for only one root bridge for all VLANs. 802.1w, or RSTP, provides faster convergence but still uses only one STP instance for all VLANs.
12. Question1 pointsWhat is the purpose of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)?CorrectIncorrect
13. Question1 pointsWhat is the value used to determine which port on a non-root bridge will become a root port in a STP network?CorrectIncorrect
14. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Which switch will be the root bridge after the election process is complete?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe root bridge is determined by the lowest bridge ID, which consists of the priority value and the MAC address. Because the priority values of all of the switches are identical, the MAC address is used to determine the root bridge. Because S2 has the lowest MAC address, S2 becomes the root bridge.
15. Question1 pointsWhat are two drawbacks to turning spanning tree off and having multiple paths through the Layer 2 switch network? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintSpanning tree should never be disabled. Without it, the MAC address table becomes unstable, broadcast storms can render network clients and the switches unusable, and multiple copies of unicast frames can be delivered to the end devices.
16. Question1 pointsA small company network has six interconnected Layer 2 switches. Currently all switches are using the default bridge priority value. Which value can be used to configure the bridge priority of one of the switches to ensure that it becomes the root bridge in this design?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe default bridge priority value for all Cisco switches is 32768. The range is 0 to 61440 in increments of 4096. Thus, the values 1 and 34816 are invalid. Configuring one switch with the lower value of 28672 (and leaving the bridge priority value of all other switches unchanged) will make the switch become the root bridge.
17. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. The administrator tried to create an EtherChannel between S1 and the other two switches via the commands that are shown, but was unsuccessful. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
18. Question1 pointsWhich statement is true regarding the use of PAgP to create EtherChannels?CorrectIncorrect
HintPAgP is used to automatically aggregate multiple ports into an EtherChannel bundle, but it only works between Cisco devices. LACP can be used for the same purpose between Cisco and non-Cisco devices. PAgP must have the same duplex mode at both ends and can use two ports or more. The number of ports depends on the switch platform or module. An EtherChannel aggregated link is seen as one port by the spanning-tree algorithm.
19. Question1 pointsWhat are two requirements to be able to configure an EtherChannel between two switches? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintAll interfaces in the EtherChannel bundle must be assigned to the same VLAN or be configured as a trunk. If the allowed range of VLANs is not the same, the interfaces do not form an EtherChannel even when set to auto or desirable mode.
20. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. On the basis of the output that is shown, what can be determined about the EtherChannel bundle?CorrectIncorrect
HintTwo protocols can be used to send negotiation frames that are used to try to establish an EtherChannel link: PAgP and LACP. PAgP is Cisco proprietary, and LACP adheres to the industry standard.
21. Question1 pointsWhich two parameters must match on the ports of two switches to create a PAgP EtherChannel between the switches? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintFor an EtherChannel to be created, the ports that are concerned on the two switches must match in terms of the speed, duplex, and VLAN information. The PAgP mode must be compatible but not necessarily equal. The port ID and the MAC addresses do not have to match.
22. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between two switches, SW1 and SW2. Which statement describes the effect after the commands are issued on SW1 and SW2?CorrectIncorrect
23. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between two switches, SW1 and SW2. However, the EtherChannel link fails to establish. What change in configuration would correct the problem?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe EtherChannel mode must be compatible on each side for the link to work. The three modes from PAgP protocol are on, desirable, and auto. The three modes from LACP protocol are on, active, and passive. The compatible modes include on-on, auto-desirable, desirable-desirable, active-passive, and active-active. Any other combinations will not form an EtherChannel link.
24. Question1 pointsnetwork administrator configured an EtherChannel link with three interfaces between two switches. What is the result if one of the three interfaces is down?CorrectIncorrect
HintEtherChannel creates an aggregation that is seen as one logical link. It provides redundancy because the overall link is one logical connection. The loss of one physical link within the channel does not create a change in the topology; the EtherChannel remains functional.
25. Question1 pointsA network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and SW2 by using the command SW1(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode auto . Which command must be used on SW2 to enable this EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe possible combinations to establish an EtherChannel between SW1 and SW2 using LACP or PAgP are as follows: PAgP on on auto desirable desirable desirable LACP on on active active passive active The EtherChannel mode chosen on each side of the EtherChannel must be compatible in order to enable it.
26. Question1 pointsWhich technology is an open protocol standard that allows switches to automatically bundle physical ports into a single logical link?CorrectIncorrect
HintLACP, or Link Aggregation Control Protocol, is defined by IEEE 802.3ad and is an open standard protocol. LACP allows switches to automatically bundle switch ports into a single logical link to increase bandwidth. PAgP, or Port Aggregation Protocol, performs a similar function, but it is a Cisco proprietary protocol. DTP is Dynamic Trunking Protocol and is used to automatically and dynamically build trunks between switches. Multilink PPP is used to load-balance PPP traffic across multiple serial interfaces.
27. Question1 pointsWhat is a requirement to configure a trunking EtherChannel between two switches?CorrectIncorrect
HintTo enable a trunking EtherChannel successfully, the range of VLANs allowed on all the interfaces must match; otherwise, the EtherChannel cannot be formed. The interfaces involved in an EtherChannel do not have to be physically contiguous, or on the same module. Because the EtherChannel is a trunking one, participating interfaces are configured as trunk mode, not access mode.
28. Question1 pointsWhat are two advantages of using LACP? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) allows directly connected multivendor switches to negotiate an EtherChannel link. LACP helps create the EtherChannel link by detecting the configuration of each side and making sure that they are compatible so that the EtherChannel link can be enabled when needed.
29. Question1 pointsA switch is configured to run STP. What term describes a non-root port that is permitted to forward traffic on the network?CorrectIncorrect
30. Question1 pointsWhat are two advantages of EtherChannel? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintEtherChannel configuration of one logical interface ensures configuration consistency across the physical links in the EtherChannel. The EtherChannel provides increased bandwidth using existing switch ports without requiring any upgrades to the physical interfaces. Load balancing methods are implemented between links that are part of the same Etherchannel. Because EtherChannel views the bundled physical links as one logical connection, spanning tree recalculation is not required if one of the bundled physical links fail. If a physical interface fails, STP cannot transition the failed interface into a forwarding state.
31. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. What are the possible port roles for ports A, B, C, and D in this RSTP-enabled network?CorrectIncorrect
HintBecause S1 is the root bridge, B is a designated port, and C and D root ports. RSTP supports a new port type, alternate port in discarding state, that can be port A in this scenario.
32. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would allow each access layer switch link to be aggregated to provide more bandwidth between each Layer 2 switch and the Layer 3 switch?CorrectIncorrect
HintPortFast is used to reduce the amount of time that a port spends going through the spanning-tree algorithm, so that devices can start sending data sooner. Trunking can be implemented in conjunction with EtherChannel, but trunking alone does not aggregate switch links. HSRP is used to load-balance traffic across two different connections to Layer 3 devices for default gateway redundancy. HSRP does not aggregate links at either Layer 2 or Layer 3 as EtherChannel does.
33. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An administrator wants to form an EtherChannel between the two switches by using the Port Aggregation Protocol. If switch S1 is configured to be in auto mode, which mode should be configured on S2 to form the EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
HintAn EtherChannel will be formed via PAgP when both switches are in on mode or when one of them is in auto or desirable mode and the other is in desirable mode.
34. Question1 pointsOpen the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question. Which set of configuration commands issued on SW1 will successfully complete the EtherChannel link between SW1 and SW2?CorrectIncorrect
HintIssuing the show running-configuration command on SW1 shows that interface GigabitEthernet0/1 is missing the channel-group 1 mode desirable command which will compete the EtherChannel configuration for interface GigabitEthernet0/1 and interface GigabitEthernet0/2.
35. Question1 pointsA set of switches is being connected in a LAN topology. Which STP bridge priority value will make it least likely for the switch to be selected as the root?CorrectIncorrect
36. Question1 pointsIn which two PVST+ port states are MAC addresses learned? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe two PVST+ port states during which MAC addresses are learned and populate the MAC address table are the learning and the forwarding states.
37. Question1 pointsWhich port role is assigned to the switch port that has the lowest cost to reach the root bridge?CorrectIncorrect
38. Question1 pointsA switch is configured to run STP. What term describes the switch port closest, in terms of overall cost, to the root bridgeCorrectIncorrect
39. Question1 pointsA switch is configured to run STP. What term describes a field used to specify a VLAN ID?CorrectIncorrect
40. Question1 pointsA switch is configured to run STP. What term describes the reference point for all path calculations?CorrectIncorrect
41. Question1 pointsA switch is configured to run STP. What term describes a field that has a default value of 32,768 and is the initial deciding factor when electing a root bridge?CorrectIncorrect
42. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes an EtherChannel implementation?CorrectIncorrect
43. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator issued the show etherchannel summary command on the switch S1. What conclusion can be drawn?CorrectIncorrect
44. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a characteristic of EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
45. Question1 pointsWhich two channel group modes would place an interface in a negotiating state using PAgP? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
46. Question1 pointsWhich mode configuration setting would allow formation of an EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and SW2 without sending negotiation traffic?CorrectIncorrect
47. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An EtherChannel was configured between switches S1 and S2, but the interfaces do not form an EtherChannel. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
48. Question1 pointsWhen EtherChannel is configured, which mode will force an interface into a port channel without exchanging aggregation protocol packets?CorrectIncorrect
49. Question1 pointsWhat are two load-balancing methods in the EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
50. Question1 pointsWhich protocol provides up to 16 instances of RSTP, combines many VLANs with the same physical and logical topology into a common RSTP instance, and provides support for PortFast, BPDU guard, BPDU filter, root guard, and loop guard?CorrectIncorrect
51. Question1 pointsWhat is the outcome of a Layer 2 broadcast storm?CorrectIncorrect
52. Question1 pointsWhich two network design features require Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) to ensure correct network operation? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
53. Question1 pointsA network administrator has configured an EtherChannel between two switches that are connected via four trunk links. If the physical interface for one of the trunk links changes to a down state, what happens to the EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
54. Question1 pointsMatch the STP protocol with the correct description. (Not all options are used.)
- a Cisco enhancement of RSTP to provide a spanning-tree instance for each VLAN
- the legacy standard for STP that runs all VLANs in a single spanning-tree instance
- a protocol that allows multiple VLANS to run in a single spanning-tree instance
- an evolution of STP that provides faster convergence
- Rapid PVST+
55. Question1 pointsMatch the spanning-tree feature with the protocol type. (Not all options are used.)
- Rapid PVST+
- Proprietary per VLAN implementation of IEEE 802.1w.
- Cisco implementation of IEEE 802.1D
- Fast converging enhancement of IEEE 802.1D
- IEEE standard that reduces the number of STP instances