1. A technician is attempting to explain broadband technology to a customer. Which descriptions should he use to educate the customer? (Choose two.)
- It includes dialup connections using POTS.
- It is incompatible with multiplexing.
- It uses a wide band of frequencies.
- It offers sustained speeds of 128 kbps or more.
- It requires line-of-sight connection with the service provider.
2. When accommodating a teleworker, which type of connection should be used when mobile access during traveling is required and broadband options are available?
- Residential cable
3. When comparing DOCSIS and Euro-DOCSIS, what is the primary difference between the two specifications?
- Flow-control mechanisms
- Maximum data rates
- Access methods
- Channel bandwidths
4. If asked to describe DSL technology, which statements would help the user develop a better understanding of the technology? (Choose three.)
- DSL is available in any location that has a telephone.
- ADSL typically has a higher download bandwidth than available upload bandwidth.
- In home installations, a splitter separates the ADSL and voice signals at the NID, allowing multiple ADSL outlets in the house.
- DSL speed can exceed the speed available with a typical T1 line.
- Transfer rates vary according to the length of the local loop.
- All varieties of DSL provide the same bandwidth, although they use different technologies to achieve upload and download.
5. In a DSL installation, which devices are installed at the customer site? (Choose two.)
- DSL transceiver
6. Refer to the exhibit. On the basis of the network topology shown, which devices or software applications provide encapsulation and encryption for the VPN traffic?
- VPN client software installed on the machines of the users at the regional office only
- PIX firewall appliance at the corporate network and regional office only
- Routers and PIX firewall appliance at the corporate network and the routers and PIX appliance at all remote locations
- LAN switches and routers at the remote locations only
- Router and PIX firewall appliance at the remote locations only
7. Which techniques can be used to secure the traffic sent over a VPN connection? (Choose two.)
- Data labeling, used to mark and separate the VPN traffic to different customers
- Data encapsulation, used to transmit data transparently from network to network through a shared network infrastructure
- Data encryption, used to code data into a different format using a secret key
- Use of a second routing protocol to transport the traffic over the VPN tunnel
- Use of a dedicated connection over the company private leased line
8. Match each description with its corresponding VPN characteristic:
Uses passwords, digital certificates, smart cards, and biometrics
Prevents tampering and alterations to data while data travels between the source and destination
Protects the contents of messages from interception by unauthenticated or unauthorized sources
Ensures that the communicating peers are who they say they are
Uses encapsulation and encryption
A. Data confidentiality
B. Data integrity
9. Which is an example of a tunneling protocol developed by Cisco?
10. Match each description with its corresponding type of tunneling protocol:
Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS
The protocol that is wrapped around the original data
The protocol over which the original data was being carried
IPX, AppleTalk, IPv4, IPv6
GRE, IPsec, L2F, PPTP, L2TP
The protocol over which the information travels
A. Carrier protocol
B. Encapsulating protocol
C. Passenger protocol
11. Match each description with the correct algorithm:
Encryption and decryption use the same key
Public key cryptography
Encryption and decryption use different keys
DES, 3DES, AES
Shared secret key cryptography
A. Symmetric algorithm
B. Asymmetric algorithm
12. What type of connection is the most cost-effective to adequately support SOHO teleworker access to the Internet?
- A direct T1 link to the Internet
- 56-kbps dialup
- A one-way multicast satellite Internet system
- DSL to an ISP
13. Which wireless standard operates in both licensed and unlicensed bands of the spectrum from 2 to 6 GHz and allows for transmission rates of 70 Mbps at a range of up to 50 kilometers?
14. What do cable providers typically deploy to support high-speed transmissions of data to SOHO cable modems?
- Hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC)
- High-speed dialup cable modems
- Broadband copper coaxial
15. Describe the organizational, social, and environmental benefits of teleworking.
16. Describe the four main connection methods used by homes and SOHO businesses.
17. Describe the two types of VPN networks.