12.8.2 Module Quiz – WLAN Concepts Answers
1. In the context of mobile devices, what does the term tethering involve?
- connecting a mobile device to a USB port on a computer in order to charge the mobile device
- connecting a mobile device to another mobile device or computer to share a network connection
- connecting a mobile device to a 4G cellular network
- connecting a mobile device to a hands-free headset
2. Which feature of 802.11n wireless access points allows them to transmit data at faster speeds than previous versions of 802.11 Wi-Fi standards did?
3. Which method of wireless authentication is currently considered to be the strongest?
- shared key
4. Which parameter is commonly used to identify a wireless network name when a home wireless AP is being configured?
- ad hoc
5. Which characteristic describes a wireless client operating in active mode?
- ability to dynamically change channels
- must be configured for security before attaching to an AP
- must know the SSID to connect to an AP
- broadcasts probes that request the SSID
6. Which IEEE standard operates at wireless frequencies in both the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz ranges?
7. Which statement describes an autonomous access point?
- It is a standalone access point.
- It is managed by a WLAN controller.
- It is server-dependent.
- It is used for networks that require a large number of access points.
8. Which two roles are typically performed by a wireless router that is used in a home or small business? (Choose two.)
- Ethernet switch
- RADIUS authentication server
- WLAN controller
- access point
9. Which protocol and port numbers are used by both IPv4 and IPv6 CAPWAP tunnels? (Choose two.)
- 17 and 163
- 5246 and 5247
10. If three 802.11b access points need to be deployed in close proximity, which three frequency channels should be used? (Choose three.)
11. Which type of telecommunication technology is used to provide Internet access to vessels at sea?
- municipal WiFi
12. Which wireless network topology is being configured by a technician who is installing a keyboard, a mouse, and headphones, each of which uses Bluetooth?
- ad hoc mode
- infrastructure mode
- mixed mode
13. Which type of wireless topology is created when two or more Basic Service Sets are interconnected by Ethernet?
- ad hoc WLAN
- WiFi Direct
14. What Wi-Fi management frame is regularly broadcast by APs to announce their presence?