1. What is another name for the OSI data link layer?
- Layer 1
- Layer 2
- Layer 3
- Layer 6
2. The IEEE 802 LAN/MAN data link layer consists of which two sublayers? (Choose two.)
- Network Control Protocol
- Logical Link Control
- Media Access Control
- Link Control Protocol
3. What is the responsibility of the MAC sublayer?
- Adds Layer 3 addresses to the frame
- Communicates with the network layer (Layer 3)
- Provides the method to get the frame on and off the media
- Transmits the bits on the media
4. What Layer 2 function does a router perform? (Choose three.)
- Accepts a frame from a medium
- De-encapsulates the frame
- Refers to its Layer 3 routing table for a matching destination network
- Re-encapsulates the packet into a new frame
5. The media access control method used depends on which two criteria?
- Layer 3 IP protocol
- Media sharing
- Transport layer protocol
- Type of data
6. Which organization defines standards for the network access layer (i.e., the OSI physical and data link layers)?