1. What does the IP address 172.17.4.250/24 represent?
- network address
- multicast address
- host address
- broadcast address
2. If a network device has a mask of /28, how many IP addresses are available for hosts on this network?
3. What is the purpose of the subnet mask in conjunction with an IP address?
- to uniquely identify a host on a network
- to identify whether the address is public or private
- to determine the subnet to which the host belongs
- to mask the IP address to outsiders
4. A network administrator is variably subnetting a network. The smallest subnet has a mask of 255.255.255.224. How many usable host addresses will this subnet provide?
5. What subnet mask is represented by the slash notation /20?
6. Which statement is true about variable-length subnet masking?
- Each subnet is the same size.
- The size of each subnet may be different, depending on requirements.
- Subnets may only be subnetted one additional time.
- Bits are returned, rather than borrowed, to create additional subnets.
7. Why does a Layer 3 device perform the ANDing process on a destination IP address and subnet mask?
- to identify the broadcast address of the destination network
- to identify the host address of the destination host
- to identify faulty frames
- to identify the network address of the destination network
8. How many usable IP addresses are available on the 192.168.1.0/27 network?
9. Which subnet mask would be used if exactly 4 host bits are available?
10. Which two parts are components of an IPv4 address? (Choose two.)
- subnet portion
- network portion
- logical portion
- host portion
- physical portion
- broadcast portion
11. If a network device has a mask of /26, how many IP addresses are available for hosts on this network?
12. What is the prefix length notation for the subnet mask 255.255.255.224?
13. How many valid host addresses are available on an IPv4 subnet that is configured with a /26 mask?
14. Which subnet mask would be used if 5 host bits are available?
15. A network administrator subnets the 192.168.10.0/24 network into subnets with /26 masks. How many equal-sized subnets are created?