0 of 58 questions completed
CCNA 3 v7 Modules 3 – 5: Network Security Test Online
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 58 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsThe IT department is reporting that a company web server is receiving an abnormally high number of web page requests from different locations simultaneously. Which type of security attack is occurring?CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsWhat causes a buffer overflow?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsWhich objective of secure communications is achieved by encrypting data?CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 pointsWhat type of malware has the primary objective of spreading across the network?CorrectIncorrect
5. Question1 pointsWhat commonly motivates cybercriminals to attack networks as compared to hactivists or state-sponsored hackers?CorrectIncorrect
HintCybercriminals are commonly motivated by money. Hackers are known to hack for status. Cyberterrorists are motivated to commit cybercrimes for religious or political reasons.
6. Question1 pointsWhich type of hacker is motivated to protest against political and social issues?CorrectIncorrect
HintHackers are categorized by motivating factors. Hacktivists are motivated by protesting political and social issues.
7. Question1 pointsWhat is a ping sweep?CorrectIncorrect
HintA ping sweep is a tool that is used during a reconnaissance attack. Other tools that might be used during this type of attack include a ping sweep, port scan, or Internet information query. A reconnaissance attack is used to gather information about a particular network, usually in preparation for another type of network attack.
8. Question1 pointsIn what type of attack is a cybercriminal attempting to prevent legitimate users from accessing network services?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a DoS or denial-of-service attack, the goal of the attacker is to prevent legitimate users from accessing network services.
9. Question1 pointsWhich requirement of secure communications is ensured by the implementation of MD5 or SHA hash generating algorithms?CorrectIncorrect
HintIntegrity is ensured by implementing either MD5 or SHA hash generating algorithms. Many modern networks ensure authentication with protocols, such as HMAC. Data confidentiality is ensured through symmetric encryption algorithms, including DES, 3DES, and AES. Data confidentiality can also be ensured using asymmetric algorithms, including RSA and PKI.
10. Question1 pointsIf an asymmetric algorithm uses a public key to encrypt data, what is used to decrypt it?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen an asymmetric algorithm is used, public and private keys are used for the encryption. Either key can be used for encryption, but the complementary matched key must be used for the decryption. For example if the public key is used for encryption, then the private key must be used for the decryption.
11. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Which two ACLs would permit only the two LAN networks attached to R1 to access the network that connects to R2 G0/1 interface? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe permit 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.127 command ignores bit positions 1 through 7, which means that addresses 192.168.10.0 through 192.168.10.127 are allowed through. The two ACEs of permit 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.63 and permit 192.168.10.64 0.0.0.63 allow the same address range through the router.
12. Question1 pointsWhich two packet filters could a network administrator use on an IPv4 extended ACL? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintExtended access lists commonly filter on source and destination IPv4 addresses and TCP or UDP port numbers. Additional filtering can be provided for protocol types.
13. Question1 pointsWhat type of ACL offers greater flexibility and control over network access?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe two types of ACLs are standard and extended. Both types can be named or numbered, but extended ACLs offer greater flexibility.
14. Question1 pointsWhat is the quickest way to remove a single ACE from a named ACL?CorrectIncorrect
HintNamed ACL ACEs can be removed using the no command followed by the sequence number.
15. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring a standard IPv4 ACL. What is the effect after the command no access-list 10 is entered?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe R1(config)# no access-list <access-list number> command removes the ACL from the running-config immediately. However, to disable an ACL on an interface, the command R1(config-if)# no ip access-group should be entered.
16. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured ACL 9 as shown. Users on the 172.31.1.0 /24 network cannot forward traffic through router CiscoVille. What is the most likely cause of the traffic failure?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen verifying an ACL, the statements are always listed in a sequential order. Even though there is an explicit permit for the traffic that is sourced from network 172.31.1.0 /24, it is being denied due to the previously implemented ACE of CiscoVille(config)# access-list 9 deny 172.31.0.0 0.0.255.255. The sequence of the ACEs must be modified to permit the specific traffic that is sourced from network 172.31.1.0 /24 and then to deny 172.31.0.0 /16.
17. Question1 pointsA network administrator needs to configure a standard ACL so that only the workstation of the administrator with the IP address 192.168.15.23 can access the virtual terminal of the main router. Which two configuration commands can achieve the task? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintTo permit or deny one specific IP address, either the wildcard mask 0.0.0.0 (used after the IP address) or the wildcard mask keyword host (used before the IP address) can be used.
18. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Which command would be used in a standard ACL to allow only devices on the network attached to R2 G0/0 interface to access the networks attached to R1?CorrectIncorrect
HintStandard access lists only filter on the source IP address. In the design, the packets would be coming from the 192.168.10.96/27 network (the R2 G0/0 network). The correct ACL is access-list 1 permit 192.168.10.96 0.0.0.31.
19. Question1 pointsA network administrator is writing a standard ACL that will deny any traffic from the 172.16.0.0/16 network, but permit all other traffic. Which two commands should be used? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintTo deny traffic from the 172.16.0.0/16 network, the access-list 95 deny 172.16.0.0 0.0.255.255 command is used. To permit all other traffic, the access-list 95 permit any statement is added.
20. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An ACL was configured on R1 with the intention of denying traffic from subnet 172.16.4.0/24 into subnet 172.16.3.0/24. All other traffic into subnet 172.16.3.0/24 should be permitted. This standard ACL was then applied outbound on interface Fa0/0. Which conclusion can be drawn from this configuration?CorrectIncorrect
HintBecause of the implicit deny at the end of all ACLs, the access-list 1 permit any command must be included to ensure that only traffic from the 172.16.4.0/24 subnet is blocked and that all other traffic is allowed.
21. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to add an ACE to the TRAFFIC-CONTROL ACL that will deny IP traffic from the subnet 172.23.16.0/20. Which ACE will meet this requirement?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe only filtering criteria specified for a standard access list is the source IPv4 address. The wild card mask is written to identify what parts of the address to match, with a 0 bit, and what parts of the address should be ignored, which a 1 bit. The router will parse the ACE entries from lowest sequence number to highest. If an ACE must be added to an existing access list, the sequence number should be specified so that the ACE is in the correct place during the ACL evaluation process.
22. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator configures an ACL on the router. Which statement describes the result of the configuration?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn an extended ACL, the first address is the source IP address and the second one is the destination IP address. TCP port number 22 is a well-known port number reserved for SSH connections. Telnet connections use TCP port number 23.
23. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. What can be determined from this output?CorrectIncorrect
HintACL entry 10 in MyACL matches any Telnet packets between host 10.35.80.22 and 10.23.77.101. No matches have occurred on this ACE as evidenced by the lack of a “(xxx matches)” ACE. The deny ip any any ACE is not required because there is an implicit deny ACE added to every access control list. When no matches exist for an ACL, it only means that no traffic has matched the conditions that exist for that particular line. The ACL is monitoring traffic that matches three specific hosts going to very specific destination devices. All other traffic is not permitted by the implicit deny ip any any ACE.
24. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator wants to permit only host 192.168.1.1 /24 to be able to access the server 192.168.2.1 /24. Which three commands will achieve this using best ACL placement practices? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintAn extended ACL is placed as close to the source of the traffic as possible. In this case.it is placed in an inbound direction on interface fa0/0 on R2 for traffic entering the router from host with the IP address192.168.1.1 bound for the server with the IP address192.168.2.1.
25. Question1 pointsConsider the following access list.
access-list 100 permit ip host 192.168.10.1 any access-list 100 deny icmp 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255 any echo access-list 100 permit ip any anyWhich two actions are taken if the access list is placed inbound on a router Gigabit Ethernet port that has the IP address 192.168.10.254 assigned? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe first ACE allows the 192.168.10.1 device to do any TCP/IP-based transactions with any other destination. The second ACE stops devices on the 192.168.10.0/24 network from issuing any pings to any other location. Everything else is permitted by the third ACE. Therefore, a Telnet/SSH session or ping reply is allowed from a device on the 192.168.10.0/24 network.
26. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. The named ACL “Managers” already exists on the router. What will happen when the network administrator issues the commands that are shown in the exhibit?CorrectIncorrect
27. Question1 pointsIn which TCP attack is the cybercriminal attempting to overwhelm a target host with half-open TCP connections?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a TCP SYN flood attack, the attacker sends to the target host a continuous flood of TCP SYN session requests with a spoofed source IP address. The target host responds with a TCP-SYN-ACK to each of the SYN session requests and waits for a TCP ACK that will never arrive. Eventually the target is overwhelmed with half-open TCP connections.
28. Question1 pointsWhich protocol is attacked when a cybercriminal provides an invalid gateway in order to create a man-in-the-middle attack?CorrectIncorrect
HintA cybercriminal could set up a rogue DHCP server that provides one or more of the following:
- Wrong default gateway that is used to create a man-in-the-middle attack and allow the attacker to intercept data
- Wrong DNS server that results in the user being sent to a malicious website
- Invalid default gateway IP address that results in a denial of service attack on the DHCP client
29. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An administrator has configured a standard ACL on R1 and applied it to interface serial 0/0/0 in the outbound direction. What happens to traffic leaving interface serial 0/0/0 that does not match the configured ACL statements?CorrectIncorrect
HintAny traffic that does not match one of the statements in an ACL has the implicit deny applied to it, which means the traffic is dropped.
30. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. The Gigabit interfaces on both routers have been configured with subinterface numbers that match the VLAN numbers connected to them. PCs on VLAN 10 should be able to print to the P1 printer on VLAN 12. PCs on VLAN 20 should print to the printers on VLAN 22. What interface and in what direction should you place a standard ACL that allows printing to P1 from data VLAN 10, but stops the PCs on VLAN 20 from using the P1 printer? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintA standard access list is commonly placed as close to the destination network as possible because access control expressions in a standard ACL do not include information about the destination network. The destination in this example is printer VLAN 12 which has router R1 Gigabit subinterface 0/1/.12 as its gateway. A sample standard ACL that only allows printing from data VLAN 10 (192.168.10.0/24), for example, and no other VLAN would be as follows:
R1(config)# access-list 1 permit 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255 R1(config)# access-list 1 deny any R1(config)# interface gigabitethernet 0/1.12 R1(config-if)# ip access-group 1 out
31. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a characteristic of standard IPv4 ACLs?CorrectIncorrect
HintA standard IPv4 ACL can filter traffic based on source IP addresses only. Unlike an extended ACL, it cannot filter traffic based on Layer 4 ports. However, both standard and extended ACLs can be identified with either a number or a name, and both are configured in global configuration mode.
32. Question1 pointsWhat is considered a best practice when configuring ACLs on vty lines?CorrectIncorrect
33. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An administrator first configured an extended ACL as shown by the output of the show access-lists command. The administrator then edited this access-list by issuing the commands below.
Router(config)# ip access-list extended 101 Router(config-ext-nacl)# no 20 Router(config-ext-nacl)# 5 permit tcp any any eq 22 Router(config-ext-nacl)# 20 deny udp any anyWhich two conclusions can be drawn from this new configuration? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintAfter the editing, the final configuration is as follows: Router# show access-lists Extended IP access list 101 5 permit tcp any any eq ssh 10 deny tcp any any 20 deny udp any any 30 permit icmp any any So, only SSH packets and ICMP packets will be permitted.
34. Question1 pointsWhich set of access control entries would allow all users on the 192.168.10.0/24 network to access a web server that is located at 172.17.80.1, but would not allow them to use Telnet?CorrectIncorrect
HintFor an extended ACL to meet these requirements the following need to be included in the access control entries:
- identification number in the range 100-199 or 2000-2699
- permit or deny parameter
- source address and wildcard
- destination address and wildcard
- port number or name
35. Question1 pointsWhat is the term used to describe a mechanism that takes advantage of a vulnerability?CorrectIncorrect
36. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. The network administrator has an IP address of 192.168.11.10 and needs access to manage R1. What is the best ACL type and placement to use in this situation?CorrectIncorrect
HintStandard ACLs permit or deny packets based only on the source IPv4 address. Because all traffic types are permitted or denied, standard ACLs should be located as close to the destination as possible. Extended ACLs permit or deny packets based on the source IPv4 address and destination IPv4 address, protocol type, source and destination TCP or UDP ports and more. Because the filtering of extended ACLs is so specific, extended ACLs should be located as close as possible to the source of the traffic to be filtered. Undesirable traffic is denied close to the source network without crossing the network infrastructure.
37. Question1 pointsA technician is tasked with using ACLs to secure a router. When would the technician use the any configuration option or command?CorrectIncorrect
38. Question1 pointsWhich statement accurately characterizes the evolution of threats to network security?CorrectIncorrect
HintInternal threats can be intentional or accidental and cause greater damage than external threats because the internal user has direct access to the internal corporate network and corporate data.
39. Question1 pointsA user receives a phone call from a person who claims to represent IT services and then asks that user for confirmation of username and password for auditing purposes. Which security threat does this phone call represent?CorrectIncorrect
HintSocial engineering attempts to gain the confidence of an employee and convince that person to divulge confidential and sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords. DDoS attacks, spam, and keylogging are all examples of software based security threats, not social engineering.
40. Question1 pointsIn what way are zombies used in security attacks?CorrectIncorrect
HintZombies are infected computers that make up a botnet. The zombies are used to deploy a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack.
41. Question1 pointsWhich attack involves threat actors positioning themselves between a source and destination with the intent of transparently monitoring, capturing, and controlling the communication?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe man-in-the-middle attack is a common IP-related attack where threat actors position themselves between a source and destination to transparently monitor, capture, and control the communication.
42. Question1 pointsWhich two keywords can be used in an access control list to replace a wildcard mask or address and wildcard mask pair? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe host keyword is used when using a specific device IP address in an ACL. For example, the deny host 192.168.5.5 command is the same is the deny 192.168.5.5 0.0.0.0 command. The any keyword is used to allow any mask through that meets the criteria. For example, the permit any command is the same as permit 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 command.
43. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a difference between the operation of inbound and outbound ACLs?CorrectIncorrect
HintWith an inbound ACL, incoming packets are processed before they are routed. With an outbound ACL, packets are first routed to the outbound interface, then they are processed. Thus processing inbound is more efficient from the router perspective. The structure, filtering methods, and limitations (on an interface, only one inbound and one outbound ACL can be configured) are the same for both types of ACLs.
44. Question1 pointsWhat effect would the Router1(config-ext-nacl)# permit tcp 172.16.4.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www command have when implemented inbound on the f0/0 interface?CorrectIncorrect
45. Question1 pointsWhich ACE will permit a packet that originates from any network and is destined for a web server at 192.168.1.1?CorrectIncorrect
46. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A new network policy requires an ACL denying FTP and Telnet access to a Corp file server from all interns. The address of the file server is 172.16.1.15 and all interns are assigned addresses in the 172.18.200.0/24 network. After implementing the ACL, no one in the Corp network can access any of the servers. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
HintBoth named and numbered ACLs have an implicit deny ACE at the end of the list. This implicit deny blocks all traffic.
47. Question1 pointsA technician is tasked with using ACLs to secure a router. When would the technician use the access-class 20 in configuration option or command?CorrectIncorrect
48. Question1 pointsWhat is the term used to describe the same pre-shared key or secret key, known by both the sender and receiver to encrypt and decrypt data?CorrectIncorrect
49. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Internet privileges for an employee have been revoked because of abuse but the employee still needs access to company resources. What is the best ACL type and placement to use in this situation?CorrectIncorrect
Hint– Standard ACLs permit or deny packets based only on the source IPv4 address. Because all traffic types are permitted or denied, standard ACLs should be located as close to the destination as possible. – Extended ACLs permit or deny packets based on the source IPv4 address and destination IPv4 address, protocol type, source and destination TCP or UDP ports and more. Because the filtering of extended ACLs is so specific, extended ACLs should be located as close as possible to the source of the traffic to be filtered. Undesirable traffic is denied close to the source network without crossing the network infrastructure.
50. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. The student on the H1 computer continues to launch an extended ping with expanded packets at the student on the H2 computer. The school network administrator wants to stop this behavior, but still allow both students access to web-based computer assignments. What would be the best plan for the network administrator?CorrectIncorrect
HintThis access list must be an extended ACL in order to filter on specific source and destination host addresses. Commonly, the best place for an extended ACL is closest to the source, which is H1. Traffic from H1 travels into the switch, then out of the switch into the R1 Gi0/0 interface. This Gi0/0 interface would be the best location for this type of extended ACL. The ACL would be applied on the inbound interface since the packets from H1 would be coming into the R1 router.
51. Question1 pointsA technician is tasked with using ACLs to secure a router. When would the technician use the ‘ip access-group 101 in’ configuration option or command?CorrectIncorrect
52. Question1 pointsIn which type of attack is falsified information used to redirect users to malicious Internet sites?CorrectIncorrect
53. Question1 pointsWhat is a feature of an IPS?CorrectIncorrect
54. Question1 pointsWhat is the term used to describe a potential danger to a company’s assets, data, or network functionality?CorrectIncorrect
55. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Network 192.168.30.0/24 contains all of the company servers. Policy dictates that traffic from the servers to both networks 192.168.10.0 and 192.168.11.0 be limited to replies for original requests. What is the best ACL type and placement to use in this situation?CorrectIncorrect
56. Question1 pointsWhat does the CLI prompt change to after entering the command ip access-list standard aaa from global configuration mode?CorrectIncorrect
57. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Many employees are wasting company time accessing social media on their work computers. The company wants to stop this access. What is the best ACL type and placement to use in this situation?CorrectIncorrect
58. Question1 pointsA technician is tasked with using ACLs to secure a router. When would the technician use the 40 deny host 192.168.23.8 configuration option or command?CorrectIncorrect