11.5.3 Module Quiz – Network Design Answers
1. Which cost-effective physical network topology design is recommended when building a three-tier campus network that connects three buildings?
- dual ring
- extended star
2. How much traffic is a 48-port gigabit switch capable of switching when operating at full wire speed?
- 48 Gb/s, by providing full bandwidth to each port
- 1 Gb/s, because data can only be forwarded from one port at a time
- 44 Gb/s, due to overhead requirements
- 24 Gb/s, because this is the maximum forwarding rate on Cisco switches
3. What is the term that is used for the area of a network that is affected when a device or network service experiences problems?
- collision domain
- user domain
- failure domain
- broadcast domain
4. Which type of router would an enterprise use to allow customers to access content anytime and anyplace, regardless of whether they are at home or work?
- branch routers
- network edge routers
- modular routers
- service provider routers
5. Which design feature will limit the size of a failure domain in an enterprise network?
- the purchase of enterprise equipment that is designed for large traffic volume
- the installation of redundant power supplies
- the use of a collapsed core design
- the use of the building switch block approach
6. What is a function of the distribution layer?
- fault isolation
- network access to the user
- high-speed backbone connectivity
- interconnection of large-scale networks in wiring closets
7. What is the function of PoE pass-through?
- allows switches, phones, and wireless access points to receive power over existing Ethernet cables from an upstream switch
- allows a multilayer switch to forward IP packets at a rate close to that of Layer 2 switching by bypassing the CPU
- allows multiple physical switch ports to be aggregated together and act as a single logical to increase bandwidth on trunk links
- allows a switch to disable redundant Layer 2 paths in the topology to prevent Layer 2 loops
8. Which function is supplied by the access layer in a three-layer network design?
- application of policies
- network access
- high-speed connectivity
- backbone connectivity
9. Which action should be taken when planning for redundancy on a hierarchical network design?
- Add alternate physical paths for data to traverse the network.
- Purchase backup equipment for every network device at the distribution layer.
- Immediately replace a nonfunctioning module, service ,or device on a network.
- Implement STP PortFast between the switches on the network.
10. What is a collapsed core in a network design?
- a combination of the functionality of the access, distribution, and core layers
- a combination of the functionality of the access and distribution layers
- a combination of the functionality of the distribution and core layers
- a combination of the functionality of the access and core layers
11. What is the name of the layer in the Cisco borderless switched network design that is considered to be the backbone used for high-speed connectivity and fault isolation?
- data link
- network access
12. Which technology is required when switched networks are designed to include redundant links?
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- virtual LANs
- virtual private networks
- link aggregation
13. Which feature could be used in a network design to increase the bandwidth by combining multiple physical links into a single logical link?
- trunk ports
14. Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches?
- New Cisco Catalyst 2960-C switches support PoE pass-through.
- They are best used as distribution layer switches.
- They do not support an active switched virtual interface (SVI) with IOS versions prior to 15.x.
- They are modular switches.
15. Which network design solution will best extend access layer connectivity to host devices?
- implementing wireless connectivity
- implementing redundancy
- implementing EtherChannel
- implementing routing protocols