1.10.2 Module Quiz – Networking Today Answers – CCNA 1 v7 Module 1 Quiz
1. How does BYOD change the way in which businesses implement networks?
- BYOD requires organizations to purchase laptops rather than desktops.
- BYOD users are responsible for their own network security, thus reducing the need for organizational security policies.
- BYOD devices are more expensive than devices that are purchased by an organization.
- BYOD provides flexibility in where and how users can access network resources.
2. An employee wants to access the network of the organization remotely, in the safest possible way. What network feature would allow an employee to gain secure remote access to a company network?
3. What is the Internet?
- It is a network based on Ethernet technology.
- It provides network access for mobile devices.
- It provides connections through interconnected global networks.
- It is a private network for an organization with LAN and WAN connections.
4. What are two functions of end devices on a network? (Choose two.)
- They originate the data that flows through the network.
- They direct data over alternate paths in the event of link failures.
- They filter the flow of data to enhance security.
- They are the interface between humans and the communication network.
- They provide the channel over which the network message travels.
5. In which scenario would the use of a WISP be recommended?
- an Internet cafe in a city
- a farm in a rural area without wired broadband access
- any home with multiple wireless devices
- an apartment in a building with cable access to the Internet
6. What characteristic of a network enables it to quickly grow to support new users and applications without impacting the performance of the service being delivered to existing users?
- quality of service
7. A college is building a new dormitory on its campus. Workers are digging in the ground to install a new water pipe for the dormitory. A worker accidentally damages a fiber optic cable that connects two of the existing dormitories to the campus data center. Although the cable has been cut, students in the dormitories only experience a very short interruption of network services. What characteristic of the network is shown here?
- quality of service (QoS)
- fault tolerance
8. What are two characteristics of a scalable network? (Choose two.)
- easily overloaded with increased traffic
- grows in size without impacting existing users
- is not as reliable as a small network
- suitable for modular devices that allow for expansion
- offers limited number of applications
9. Which device performs the function of determining the path that messages should take through internetworks?
- a router
- a firewall
- a web server
- a DSL modem
10. Which two Internet connection options do not require that physical cables be run to the building? (Choose two.)
- dedicated leased line
11. What type of network must a home user access in order to do online shopping?
- an intranet
- the Internet
- an extranet
- a local area network
12. During a routine inspection, a technician discovered that software that was installed on a computer was secretly collecting data about websites that were visited by users of the computer. Which type of threat is affecting this computer?
- DoS attack
- identity theft
- zero-day attack
13. Which term refers to a network that provides secure access to the corporate offices by suppliers, customers and collaborators?
14. A large corporation has modified its network to allow users to access network resources from their personal laptops and smart phones. Which networking trend does this describe?
- cloud computing
- online collaboration
- bring your own device
- video conferencing
15. What is an ISP?
- It is a standards body that develops cabling and wiring standards for networking.
- It is a protocol that establishes how computers within a local network communicate.
- It is an organization that enables individuals and businesses to connect to the Internet.
- It is a networking device that combines the functionality of several different networking devices in one.