9.3.2 Module Quiz – FHRP Concepts Answers
1. What is the purpose of HSRP?
- It prevents a rogue switch from becoming the STP root.
- It provides a continuous network connection when a router fails.
- It enables an access port to immediately transition to the forwarding state.
- It prevents malicious hosts from connecting to trunk ports.
2. Which nonproprietary protocol provides router redundancy for a group of routers which support IPv4 LANs?
3. A network administrator is analyzing first-hop router redundancy protocols. What is a characteristic of VRRPv3?
- It works together with HSRP.
- It allows load balancing between routers.
- VRRPv3 is Cisco proprietary.
- It supports IPv6 and IPv4 addressing.
4. What is a potential disadvantage when implementing HSRP as compared to GLBP?
- HSRP provides default gateway failover only when the active router fails.
- HSRP does not function in a multivendor environment.
- HSRP does not provide load balancing with multiple active routers.
- HSRP does not have the capability to support IPv6 addresses.
5. A network engineer is configuring a LAN with a redundant first hop to make better use of the available network resources. Which protocol should the engineer implement?
6. When first hop redundancy protocols are used, which two items will be shared by a set of routers that are presenting the illusion of being a single router? (Choose two.)
- IP address
- MAC address
- static route
7. In FHRP terminology, what represents a set of routers that present the illusion of a single router to hosts?
- virtual router
- default gateway
- forwarding router
- standby router
8. A user needs to add redundancy to the routers in a company. What are the three options the user can use? (Choose three.)
9. Which two protocols provide gateway redundancy at Layer 3? (Choose two.)
10. A network administrator is overseeing the implementation of first hop redundancy protocols. Which two protocols are Cisco proprietary? (Choose two.)
11. Which statement describes a characteristic of GLBP?
- It provides automatic rerouting if any router in the group fails.
- It does not provide support for IPv6.
- It provides multiple virtual IP addresses and multiple virtual MAC addresses.
- It provides load balancing for a maximum of four gateways.
12. A network administrator is analyzing the features that are supported by different first-hop router redundancy protocols. Which statement is a feature that is associated with GLBP?
- GLBP allows load balancing between routers.
- It is nonproprietary.
- It uses a virtual router master.
- It works together with VRRP.
13. Which statement about HSRP operation is true?
- HSRP supports only clear-text authentication.
- The active router responds to requests for the virtual MAC and virtual IP address.
- The AVF responds to default gateway ARP requests.
- The HSRP virtual IP address must be the same as one of the router’s interface addresses on the LAN.
14. Which HSRP preemption statement is true?
- It enables a router that boots first to become the active router.
- It is enabled by default.
- It is enabled using the standby preempt interface command.
- It is enabled using the standby priority interface command.
15. Which statement regarding VRRP is true?
- VRRP elects a master router and one or more other routers as backup routers.
- VRRP elects a master router, one backup router, and all other routers are standby routers.
- VRRP elects an active router and a standby router, and all other routers are backup routers.
- VRRP is a Cisco proprietary protocol.
16. A network administrator is overseeing the implementation of first hop redundancy protocols. Which protocol is a Cisco proprietary protocol?
- Proxy ARP
17. Which is a characteristic of the HSRP Learn state?
- The router actively participates in the active/standby election process.
- The router has not determined the virtual IP address.
- The router knows the virtual IP address.
- The router sends periodic hello messages.
18. A network administrator is analyzing the features that are supported by different first-hop router redundancy protocols. Which statement describes a feature that is associated with VRRP?
- VRRP assigns active and standby routers.
- VRRP assigns an IP address and default gateway to hosts.
- VRRP enables load balancing between a group of redundant routers.
- VRRP is a non-proprietary protocol.
19. When HSRP is used in a network, what destination MAC address is used in frames that are sent from the workstation to the default gateway?
- MAC address of the forwarding router
- MAC addresses of both the forwarding and standby routers
- MAC address of the standby router
- MAC address of the virtual router
20. What happens to a host in an HSRP network when the active router fails?
- The host initiates a new ARP request.
- The host stops seeing hello messages from the active router.
- The host uses the standby router IP and MAC addresses.
- The host will notice little or no disruption of service.
21. Which of the following correctly describes GLBP?
- It is a Cisco proprietary FHRP and provides redundancy and load sharing.
- It is an open standard FHRP.
- It uses virtual master routers and one or more backup routers.
- It is a legacy open standard FHRP that allows IPv4 hosts to discover gateway routers.