9.6.2 Module Quiz – QoS Concepts Answers
1. What is the term used to indicate a variation of delay?
- speed mismatch
- serialization delay
2. A network engineer performs a ping test and receives a value that shows the time it takes for a packet to travel from a source to a destination device and return. Which term describes the value?
3. What role do network devices play in the IntServ QoS model?
- Network devices provide a best-effort approach to forwarding traffic.
- Network devices ensure that resources are available before traffic is allowed to be sent by a host through the network.
- Network devices use QoS on a hop-by-hop basis to provide excellent scalability.
- Network devices are configured to service multiple classes of traffic and handle traffic as it may arrive.
4. Which device would be classified as a trusted endpoint?
- IP phone
5. Under which condition does congestion occur on a converged network with voice, video, and data traffic?
- if video traffic requests more bandwidth than voice traffic requests
- if the request for bandwidth exceeds the amount of bandwidth available
- if voice traffic latency begins to decrease across the network
- if a user downloads a file that exceeds the file limitation that is set on the server
6. Which type of traffic does Cisco recommend be placed in the strict priority queue (PQ) when low latency queuing (LLQ) is being used?
7. Which model is the only QoS model with no mechanism to classify packets?
- hard QoS
8. What happens when the memory queue of a device fills up and new network traffic is received?
- The network device will drop the arriving packets.
- The network device sends the received traffic immediately.
- The network device drops all traffic in the queue.
- The network device queues the received traffic while sending previously received traffic.
9. What are two characteristics of voice traffic? (Choose two.)
- It is bursty.
- It consumes few network resources.
- It is insensitive to packet loss.
- It can tolerate latency up to 400 ms.
- It is delay sensitive.
1o. Which QoS model is very resource intensive and provides the highest guarantee of QoS?
- soft QoS
11. What happens when an edge router using IntServ QoS determines that the data pathway cannot support the level of QoS requested?
- Data is not forwarded along the pathway.
- Data is forwarded along the pathway using a best-effort approach.
- Data is forwarded along the pathway using DiffServ.
- Data is forwarded along the pathway using IntServ but not provided preferential treatment.
12. In QoS models, which type of traffic is commonly provided the most preferential treatment over all other application traffic?
- voice traffic
- web traffic
- file transfers
13. Which queuing mechanism supports user-defined traffic classes?
14. What mechanism compensates for jitter in an audio stream by buffering packets and then replaying them outbound in a steady stream?
- voice codec
- digital signal processor
- playout delay buffer