1. What is the purpose of HSRP?
- It prevents a rogue switch from becoming the STP root.
- It provides a continuous network connection when a router fails.
- It enables an access port to immediately transition to the forwarding state.
- It prevents malicious hosts from connecting to trunk ports.
2. Which nonproprietary protocol provides router redundancy for a group of routers which support IPv4 LANs?
3. A network administrator is analyzing first-hop router redundancy protocols. What is a characteristic of VRRPv3?
- It works together with HSRP.
- It allows load balancing between routers.
- VRRPv3 is Cisco proprietary.
- It supports IPv6 and IPv4 addressing.
4. What is a potential disadvantage when implementing HSRP as compared to GLBP?
- HSRP provides default gateway failover only when the active router fails.
- HSRP does not function in a multivendor environment.
- HSRP does not provide load balancing with multiple active routers.
- HSRP does not have the capability to support IPv6 addresses.
5. A network engineer is configuring a LAN with a redundant first hop to make better use of the available network resources. Which protocol should the engineer implement?
6. When first hop redundancy protocols are used, which two items will be shared by a set of routers that are presenting the illusion of being a single router? (Choose two.)
- IP address
- MAC address
- static route
7. In FHRP terminology, what represents a set of routers that present the illusion of a single router to hosts?
- virtual router
- default gateway
- forwarding router
- standby router
8. A user needs to add redundancy to the routers in a company. What are the three options the user can use? (Choose three.)
9. Which two protocols provide gateway redundancy at Layer 3? (Choose two.)
10. A network administrator is overseeing the implementation of first hop redundancy protocols. Which two protocols are Cisco proprietary? (Choose two.)
11. Which statement describes a characteristic of GLBP?
- It provides automatic rerouting if any router in the group fails.
- It does not provide support for IPv6.
- It provides multiple virtual IP addresses and multiple virtual MAC addresses.
- It provides load balancing for a maximum of four gateways.
12. A network administrator is analyzing the features that are supported by different first-hop router redundancy protocols. Which statement is a feature that is associated with GLBP?
- GLBP allows load balancing between routers.
- It is nonproprietary.
- It uses a virtual router master.
- It works together with VRRP.