Networking Essentials ( Version 2) – System Test Exam Answers
1. Which statement describes the physical topology for a LAN?
- It shows the order in which hosts access the network.
- It describes whether the LAN is a broadcast or token-passing network.
- It defines how hosts and network devices connect to the LAN.
- It depicts the addressing scheme that is employed in the LAN.
2. What two characteristics describe an FTP connection? (Choose two.)
- The client needs to run a daemon program to establish an FTP connection with a server.
- Files can be downloaded from or uploaded to the server.
- The server establishes the first connection with the client to control traffic that consists of server commands and client replies.
- A large file requires more than two connections between the client and the server to successfully download it.
- The first connection established is for traffic control and the second connection is created to transfer a file.
3. Match the term to the value represented.
4. Refer to the exhibit. Consider the IP address configuration shown from PC1. What is a description of the default gateway address?
- It is the IP address of Switch1 that connects PC1 to other devices on the same LAN.
- It is the IP address of the ISP network device located in the cloud.
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the company to the Internet.
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the PC1 LAN to Router1.
5. Open the PT activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What is the application layer service being requested from Server0 by PC0?