2.9.1 Packet Tracer – Basic Switch and End Device Configuration Instructor Version
- Configure hostnames and IP addresses on two Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) switches using the command-line interface (CLI).
- Use Cisco IOS commands to specify or limit access to the device configurations.
- Use IOS commands to save the running configuration.
- Configure two host devices with IP addresses.
- Verify connectivity between the two PC end devices.
As a recently hired LAN technician, your network manager has asked you to demonstrate your ability to configure a small LAN. Your tasks include configuring initial settings on two switches using the Cisco IOS and configuring IP address parameters on host devices to provide end-to-end connectivity. You are to use two switches and two hosts/PCs on a cabled and powered network.
Configure the devices to fulfill the requirements below.
- Use a console connection to access each switch.
- Name _____ and _____ switches.
- Use the _____ password for all lines.
- Use the _____ secret password.
- Encrypt all clear text passwords.
- Configure an appropriate message-of-the-day (MOTD) banner.
- Configure addressing for all devices according to the Addressing Table.
- Save your configurations.
- Verify connectivity between all devices.
Note: Click Check Results to see your progress. Click Reset Activity to generate a new set of requirements. If you click on this before you complete the activity, all configurations will be lost.