IT Essentials 8.0 Module 22.214.171.124 Advanced Computer Hardware Quiz Answers
1. Which hardware upgrade would allow the processor in a gaming PC to provide the optimal gaming performance?
- large amounts of fast RAM
- liquid cooling
- a fast EIDE drive
- a high capacity external hard drive
2. Which term refers to the technique of increasing the speed of a processor from the specified value of its manufacturer?
3. When a dual core CPU with Hyper-Threading features is installed on a motherboard, how many instructions can the CPU simultaneously process?
4. Which website should a technician consult to find instructions for updating the BIOS on a computer?
- CPU manufacturer
- case manufacturer
- motherboard manufacturer
- operating system developer
5. Where is the saved BIOS configuration data stored?
- hard drive
6. Which definition describes the term “overclocking”?
- changing the bus speed of the motherboard to increase the speed of attached adaptors
- increasing the speed of the CPU beyond the recommendations of the manufacturer
- modifying the motherboard clocking crystal to increase the timing signals
- replacing slower SDRAM with faster memory
7. Which device can protect computer equipment from brownouts by providing a consistent quality of electrical power?
- AC adapter
- surge suppressor
8. What is a characteristic of thin clients?
- They require a network connection to access storage and processor resources.
- They require large amounts of fast RAM.
- They perform all processing tasks internally.
- They are able to run multiple operating systems simultaneously.
9. What unit is used to measure the amount of resistance to the flow of current in a circuit?
10. What indicates that the charge on the CMOS battery could be getting low?
- The computer time and date are incorrect.
- A beep error code occurs during POST.
- The computer fails to boot.
- Performance while accessing files on the hard drive is slow.
11. Which specialized computer component would be most important for a workstation built for audio and video editing?
- a specialized video card
- a high speed wireless adapter
- a liquid CPU cooling system
- a TV tuner card
12. A technician accidentally spills a cleaning solution on the floor of the workshop. Where would the technician find instructions on how to properly clean up and dispose of the product?
- the safety data sheet
- the insurance policy of the company
- the local hazardous materials team
- the regulations provided by the local occupational health and safety administration
13. What are two settings that can be modified in the BIOS setup program. (Choose two.)
- drive partition size
- device drivers
- swap file size
- enabling and disabling devices
- boot order
14. A network administrator is setting up a web server for a small advertising office and is concerned with data availability. The administrator wishes to implement disk fault tolerance using the minimum number of disks required. Which RAID level should the administrator choose?
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 6