4.5.4 Module Quiz – Inter-VLAN Routing Answers
1. A PC is to access a web server on another network. Which inter-VLAN method will provide the highest bandwidth at Layer 3 and also provide a default gateway for the PC?
- multilayer switch with routing enabled
- router on a stick
- trunked interface between the router and the switch
- multiple physical interfaces on the router, all connected to a Layer 2 switch
2. Which scalable method must be implemented in order to provide inter-VLAN routing on a switched network with more than 1000 VLANs?
- routing traffic internally to a Layer 3 switch device
- configuring static routes on a Layer 2 switch device
- connecting a router interface to a switch port that is configured in trunk mode to route packets between VLANs, with each VLAN assigned to a router subinterface
- connecting each physical router interface to a different physical switch port, with each switch port assigned to a different VLAN
3. When configuring a router as part of a router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing topology, where should the IP address be assigned?
- to the subinterface
- to the interface
- to the SVI
- to the VLAN
4. A small college uses VLAN 10 for the classroom network and VLAN 20 for the office network. What is needed to enable communication between these two VLANs while using legacy inter-VLAN routing?
- Two groups of switches are needed, each with ports that are configured for one VLAN.
- A router with at least two LAN interfaces should be used.
- A router with one VLAN interface is needed to connect to the SVI on a switch.
- A switch with a port that is configured as trunk is needed to connect to a router.
5. What is a disadvantage of using multilayer switches for inter-VLAN routing?
- Multilayer switches are more expensive than router-on-a-stick implementations.
- Multilayer switches have higher latency for Layer 3 routing.
- Spanning tree must be disabled in order to implement routing on a multilayer switch.
- Multilayer switches are limited to using trunk links for Layer 3 routing.
6. Which type of inter-VLAN communication design requires the configuration of multiple subinterfaces?
- router on a stick
- routing for the management VLAN
- routing via a multilayer switch
- legacy inter-VLAN routing
7. What is a disadvantage of using router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing?
- does not scale well beyond 50 VLANs
- requires the use of more physical interfaces than legacy inter-VLAN routing
- requires the use of multiple router interfaces configured to operate as access links
- does not support VLAN-tagged packets
8. What is the meaning of the number 10 in the encapsulation dot1Q 10 native router subinterface command?
- the subinterface number
- the interface number
- the VLAN ID
- the subnet number
9. While configuring inter-VLAN routing on a multilayer switch, a network administrator issues the no switchport command on an interface that is connected to another switch. What is the purpose of this command?
- to create a switched virtual interface
- to create a routed port for a single network
- to provide a static trunk link
- to provide an access link that tags VLAN traffic
10. A network administrator enters the following command sequence on a Cisco 3560 switch. What is the purpose of these commands?
Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet 0/1 Switch(config-if)# no switchport
- to enable the Gi0/1 port as a switch virtual interface
- to enable the Gi0/1 port as a bridge virtual interface
- to make the Gi0/1 port a routed port
- to shut down the Gi0/1 port
11. What operational mode should be used on a switch port to connect it to a router for router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing?
- dynamic auto
- dynamic desirable
12. Which sentence correctly describes the SVI inter-VLAN routing method?
- Subinterfaces have to be created.
- A physical interface is needed for every VLAN that is created.
- An SVI is needed for each VLAN.
- The encapsulation type must be configured on the SVI.
13. How is traffic routed between multiple VLANs on a multilayer switch?
- Traffic is routed via internal VLAN interfaces.
- Traffic is routed via subinterfaces.
- Traffic is routed via physical interfaces.
- Traffic is broadcast out all physical interfaces.
14. What is required to perform router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing?
- a multilayer switch
- a router that is configured with multiple subinterfaces
- a router with multiple physical interfaces
- a Layer 2 switch that is configured with multiple trunk ports
15. An administrator was troubleshooting a router-on-a-stick topology and concluded that the problem was related to the configuration of VLANs on the router subinterfaces. Which two commands can the administrator use in the router to identify the problem? (Choose two.)
- show ip interface
- show ip protocols
- show controllers
- show running-config
- show vlan