1. Which are benefits of EtherChannel technology? (Choose all that apply.)
- load sharing
- increased bandwidth
- link redundancy
Explanation: EtherChannel groups multiple physical Ethernet links together into a single logical link and provides the benefits of redundancy, fault-tolerance increase bandwidth, and load sharing.
2. True or False? FastEthernet and GigabitEthernet links can be combined into a single EtherChannel.
Explanation: The correct answer is False. The interfaces combined into an EtherChannel must be the same type and speed.
3. True or False? PAgP and LACP are both Cisco-proprietary link aggregation protocols.
Explanation: The correct answer is False. PAgP is Cisco-proprietary. LACP is an IEEE 802.3ad specification.
4. Which three are PAgP interface modes? (Choose three.)
Explanation: On, Auto, and Desirable are PAgP modes. On, Active, and Passive are LACP modes.
5. Which PAgP interface mode will initiate negotiation with other interfaces?
Explanation: Only the PAgP Desirable mode initiates negotiations. On and Auto modes do not.
6. Which combinations of PAgP modes will form an EtherChannel? (Choose all that apply.)
- auto > desirable
- desirable > on
- auto > on
- on > on
- on > active
- active > passive
Explanation: On > On and Auto > Desirable will form an EtherChannel.
On > Auto and On > Desirable will not. This is because On mode does not exchange PAgP packets.