IT Essentials 8.0 Module 126.96.36.199 Networking Concepts Quiz Answers
1. Which network device regenerates the data signal without segmenting the network?
2. A company is expanding its business to other countries. All branch offices must remain connected to corporate headquarters at all times. Which network technology is required to support this scenario?
3. Which network service automatically assigns IP addresses to devices on the network?
4. Which security technology is used to passively monitor network traffic with the objective of detecting a possible attack?
- proxy server
5. Which two protocols operate at the transport layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose two.)
6. Which type of network will extend a short distance and connects printers, mice, and keyboards to an individual host?
7. Which three Wi-Fi standards operate in the 2.4GHz range of frequencies? (Choose three.)
8. What are two common media used in networks? (Choose two.)
9. A technician has captured packets on a network that has been running slowly when accessing the internet. Which port number should the technician look for within the captured material to locate HTTP packets?
10. Which smart home technology requires the use of a device, known as a coordinator, to create a wireless PAN?
11. Which technology uses existing electrical wiring to connect devices to a network?
- Ethernet over Power
12. A technician has been asked to assist with some LAN cabling. What are two standards that the technician should research before this project begins? (Choose two.)