CyberOps Associate (Version 1.0) – Modules 24 – 25: Protocols and Log Files Group Exam
1. Which ICMP message type should be stopped inbound?
- source quench
2. How can IMAP be a security threat to a company?
- Someone inadvertently clicks on a hidden iFrame.
- Encrypted data is decrypted.
- An email can be used to bring malware to a host.
- It can be used to encode stolen data and send to a threat actor.
3. Which two technologies are primarily used on peer-to-peer networks? (Choose two.)
4. Which protocol is exploited by cybercriminals who create malicious iFrames?
5. Which method is used by some malware to transfer files from infected hosts to a threat actor host?
- UDP infiltration
- ICMP tunneling
- HTTPS traffic encryption
- iFrame injection
6. Why does HTTPS technology add complexity to network security monitoring?
- HTTPS dynamically changes the port number on the web server.
- HTTPS uses tunneling technology for confidentiality.
- HTTPS hides the true source IP address using NAT/PAT.
- HTTPS conceals data traffic through end-to-end encryption.
7. Which approach is intended to prevent exploits that target syslog?
- Use a Linux-based server.
- Use syslog-ng.
- Create an ACL that permits only TCP traffic to the syslog server.
- Use a VPN between a syslog client and the syslog server.
8. Which type of attack is carried out by threat actors against a network to determine which IP addresses, protocols, and ports are allowed by ACLs?
- denial of service
- social engineering
9. Which two application layer protocols manage the exchange of messages between a client with a web browser and a remote web server? (Choose two.)
10. What is Tor?
- a rule created in order to match a signature of a known exploit
- a software platform and network of P2P hosts that function as Internet routers
- a way to share processors between network devices across the Internet
- a type of Instant Messaging (IM) software used on the darknet
11. Which protocol is a name resolution protocol often used by malware to communicate with command-and-control (CnC) servers?
12. Which technique is necessary to ensure a private transfer of data using a VPN?
13. Which technology would be used to create the server logs generated by network devices and reviewed by an entry level network person who works the night shift at a data center?
14. Which function is provided by the Sguil application?
- It reports conversations between hosts on the network.
- It makes Snort-generated alerts readable and searchable.
- It detects potential network intrusions.
- It prevents malware from attacking a host.
15. Which statement describes a Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)?
- It protects a web server by preventing security threats from accessing the server.
- It provides high performance web services.
- It acts as an SSL-based VPN server for an enterprise.
- It functions as a web proxy.
16. Which statement describes session data in security logs?
- It can be used to describe or predict network behavior.
- It shows the result of network sessions.
- It is a record of a conversation between network hosts.
- It reports detailed network activities between network hosts.
17. Which two options are network security monitoring approaches that use advanced analytic techniques to analyze network telemetry data? (Choose two.)
18. How does a web proxy device provide data loss prevention (DLP) for an enterprise?
- by functioning as a firewall
- by inspecting incoming traffic for potential exploits
- by scanning and logging outgoing traffic
- by checking the reputation of external web servers
19. Which information can be provided by the Cisco NetFlow utility?
- security and user account restrictions
- IDS and IPS capabilities
- peak usage times and traffic routing
- source and destination UDP port mapping
20. Which statement describes statistical data in network security monitoring processes?
- It is created through an analysis of other forms of network data.
- It contains conversations between network hosts.
- It shows the results of network activities between network hosts.
- It lists each alert message along with statistical information.
21. Match the SIEM function with the description.
- links logs and events from disparate systems or applications, speeding detection of and reaction to security threats : correlation
- satisfies the requirements of various compliance regulations :
- reduces the volume of event data by consolidating duplicate event records : aggregation
- maps log messages from different systems into a common data model : normalization
22. Which two tools have a GUI interface and can be used to view and analyze full packet captures? (Choose two.)
- Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module
23. Which Windows log contains information about installations of software, including Windows updates?
- system logs
- application logs
- setup logs
- security logs
24. Match the Windows host log to the messages contained in it. (Not all options are used.)
- events logged by various applications : application logs
- events related to the web server access and activity :
- events related to the operation of drivers, processes, and hardware : system logs
- information about the installation of software, including Windows updates : setup logs
- events related to logon attempts and operations related to file or object management and access : security logs
25. Which Cisco appliance can be used to filter network traffic contents to report and deny traffic based on the web server reputation?
26. Which technique would a threat actor use to disguise traces of an ongoing exploit?
- Create an invisible iFrame on a web page.
- Corrupt time information by attacking the NTP infrastructure.
- Encapsulate other protocols within DNS to evade security measures.
- Use SSL to encapsulate malware.
27. A system administrator runs a file scan utility on a Windows PC and notices a file lsass.exe in the Program Files directory. What should the administrator do?
- Delete the file because it is probably malware.
- Move it to Program Files (x86) because it is a 32bit application.
- Uninstall the lsass application because it is a legacy application and no longer required by Windows.
- Open the Task Manager, right-click on the lsass process and choose End Task .
28. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is viewing some output on the Netflow collector. What can be determined from the output of the traffic flow shown?
- This is a UDP DNS request to a DNS server.
- This is a UDP DNS response to a client machine.
- This is a TCP DNS request to a DNS server.
- This is a TCP DNS response to a client machine.
29 In a Cisco AVC system, in which module is NetFlow deployed?
- Management and Reporting
- Application Recognition
- Metrics Collection
30. What does it indicate if the timestamp in the HEADER section of a syslog message is preceded by a period or asterisk symbol?
- There is a problem associated with NTP.
- The timestamp represents the round trip duration value.
- The syslog message should be treated with high priority.
- The syslog message indicates the time an email is received.