1. A computer is presenting a user with a screen requesting payment before the user data is allowed to be accessed by the same user. What type of malware is this?
- A type of virus
- A type of logic bomb
- A type of ransomware *
- A type of worm
2. What is cyberwarfare?
- It is an attack only on military targets.
- It is an attack on a major corporation.
- It is an attack that only involves robots and bots.
- It is an attack designed to disrupt, corrupt, or exploit national interests. *
3. How can a security information and event management system in an SOC be used to help personnel fight against security threats?
- By collecting and filtering data *
- By filtering network traffic
- By authenticating users to network resources
- By encrypting communications to remote sites
4. Which three technologies should be included in an SOC security information and event management system? (Choose three.)
- Proxy service
- User authentication
- Threat intelligence *
- Security monitoring *
- Intrusion prevention
- Event collection, correlation, and analysis *
5. What name is given to hackers who hack for a political or social cause?
- White hat
- Hacktivist *
- Blue hat
6. Which organization is an international nonprofit organization that offers the CISSP certification?
- (ISC)2 *
7. After a security incident is verified in a SOC, an incident responder reviewsthe incident but cannot identify the source of the incident and form an effective mitigation procedure. To whom should the incident ticket be escalated?
- A cyberoperations analyst for help
- An SME for further investigation *
- An alert analyst for further analysis
- The SOC manager to ask for other personnel to be assigned
8. The term Alert Analyst refers to which group of personnel in an SOC?
- Tier 1 personnel *
- Tier 2 personnel
- Tier 3 personnel
- SOC managers
9. What is a rogue wireless hotspot?
- It is a hotspot that was set up with outdated devices.
- It is a hotspot that does not encrypt network user traffic.
- It is a hotspot that does not implement strong user authentication mechanisms.
- It is a hotspot that appears to be from a legitimate business but was actually set up by someone without the permission from the business. *
- Too many users trying to connect to the Internet may cause a network traffic jam.
- The Internet connection can become too slow when many users access the wireless hotspot.
- Network traffic might be hijacked and information stolen.
- Purchase of products from vendors might be required in exchange for the Internet access.
- by integrating all security devices and appliances in an organization
- by analyzing logging data in real time
- by combining data from multiple technologies
- by dynamically implementing firewall rules
- They are part of a protest group behind a political cause.
- They are curious and learning hacking skills.
- They are trying to show off their hacking skills.
- They are interested in discovering new exploits.
- Approximately 5 minutes per year.
- Approximately 10 minutes per year.
- Approximately 20 minutes per year.
- Approximately 30 minutes per year.
- Most IoT devices do not require an Internet connection and are unable to receive new updates.
- IoT devices cannot function on an isolated network with only an Internet connection.
- Most IoT devices do not receive frequent firmware updates.
- IoT devices require unencrypted wireless connections.
- managing comprehensive threat solutions
- ensuring secure routing packet exchanges
- responding to data center physical break-ins
- monitoring network security threats
- providing secure Internet connections
- man-in-the-middle attack
- DoS attack
- Trojan horse
- SQL injection
- firewall appliance
- security monitoring
- log management
- intrusion prevention
- proxy service
- threat intelligence
- SOC Manager
- Tier 2 personnel
- Tier 3 personnel
- Tier 1 personnel
- Cyberwarfare is an attack carried out by a group of script kiddies.
- It is a series of personal protective equipment developed for soldiers involved in nuclear war.
- It is simulation software for Air Force pilots that allows them to practice under a simulated war scenario.
- It is Internet-based conflict that involves the penetration of information systems of other nations.
- syslog server
- registration system
- ticketing system
- security alert knowledge-based system
- red hat
- script kiddie
- black hat
- blue team
- Tier 1 Analyst
- SOC Manager
- Tier 2 Incident Reporter
- Tier 3 SME
10. What is a potential risk when using a free and open wireless hotspot in a public location?
11. How does a security information and event management system (SIEM) in a SOC help the personnel fight against security threats?
12. Which statement best describes a motivation of hacktivists?
13. If a SOC has a goal of 99.999% uptime, how many minutes of downtime a year would be considered within its goal?
14. Why do IoT devices pose a greater risk than other computing devices on a network?
15. Which two services are provided by security operations centers? (Choose two.)
16. Users report that a database file on the main server cannot be accessed. A database administrator verifies the issue and notices that the database file is now encrypted. The organization receives a threatening email demanding payment for the decryption of the database file. What type of attack has the organization experienced?
17. Which organization offers the vendor-neutral CySA+ certification?
18. What was used as a cyberwarfare weapon to attack a uranium enrichment facility in Iran?
19. Which three technologies should be included in a SOC security information and event management system? (Choose three.)
20. Which personnel in a SOC is assigned the task of verifying whether an alert triggered by monitoring software represents a true security incident?
21. Which statement describes cyberwarfare?
22. in the operation of a SOC, which system is frequently used to let an analyst select alerts from a pool to investigate?
23. What name is given to an amateur hacker?
24. Which personnel in a SOC are assigned the task of hunting for potential threats and implementing threat detection tools?
Download PDF File below: